New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/24/2013 -- BMI View: the telecoms market in Argentina continues to offer growth opportunities, keeping the market at the top of developments in the region. Investments in data network capacity and extension of access are driving broadband growth, while in the mobile market the introduction of MVNOs will make the market even more competitive and contribute further to growth. While there are many attractive features of the market there is downside, not least the potential for heavy-handed government intervention, which has included threats of renationalisation in 2013. There are also threats in terms of consumption trends, with data indicating that operators may be facing the beginnings of SMS IP substitution in 2013, which could squeeze revenues and margins in the coming years. Overall we have a positive view of the market, but much will depend on the policies and regulations of the government.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Mobile subscriptions have continued to increase, even at high penetration rates, as mobile broadband services are increasingly driving growth.
- Fixed voice subscriptions are in decline, falling 2% y-o-y to 9.071mn lines in service at the end of June 2013.
- Fixed and mobile broadband connections are on the rise, an estimated 13mn in service at the end of 2012.
Key Trends & Developments
Regulation of the telecoms market has become an area of concern in H113, with the implementation of new mobile service quality regulations followed by threats of renationalisation in July 2013. The comment from planning minister, Julio de Vido, came just two days after the regulator, Secom, published the new quality of service regulations in Argentina's Official Bulletin. While we believe de Vido's comments are more of a warning than a likely outcome, the comments are concerning for operators in the market, especially considering the government's track record in other areas of the economy.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Bulgaria Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Belgium Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Norway Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- China Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2013