Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Uveitis Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2023 - Increasing Prevalence, Continued Uptake of Biologics and Novel Pipeline Drugs to Drive the Market” research report to their website www.MarketResearchReports.com
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/16/2018 -- Uveitis refers to inflammation of the uvea, the middle vascular coat of the eye, comprising the iris, ciliary body, and choroid. It may also involve other adjacent tissues of the eye. Uveitis occurs at any age, but it most commonly affects individuals between 20 and 59 years of age. However, this trend is changing; the percentage of elderly uveitis patients has been increasing in recent years. Uveitis represents a major cause of ocular morbidity worldwide and often results in complications such as cataracts, glaucoma, ocular hypertension, macular issues, and retinal detachment.
It is a leading cause of blindness in both developed and developing countries and is the fifth most common cause of vision loss in the developed world. The uveitis market is characterized by a small selection of marketed drug options, consisting of corticosteroid therapies, immunosuppressive therapies and biologics. Historically, corticosteroid therapies have made up the bulk of the uveitis market.
Currently only one targeted therapy is available in the Asia-Pacific uveitis market, which is AbbVie's Humira (adalimumab). The late-stage uveitis pipeline is composed of Santen's Opsiria and Clearside Biomedical's CLS-TA, which are expected to be highly lucrative and address some of the unmet needs.
These new drugs will expand the options available to treat uveitis patients and contribute to overall market growth by offering novel treatment mechanisms, including new drug delivery routes and novel, non-corticosteroid drug molecules.
- The Asia-Pacific uveitis market will be valued at $405.5m in 2023, growing from $179m in 2016, at a compound annual growth rate of 12.4%.
- What are the key factors driving the Asia-Pacific uveitis treatment market?
- How will targeted therapies such as Humira contribute to growth?
- Do branded therapies show continuous growth, and are they facing competition from generics?
- How will branded therapies be affected by upcoming pipeline therapies?
- Corticosteroid therapies dominate the uveitis market, but unmet needs exist in terms of safety and efficacy. Will the drugs under development fulfill the unmet needs?
- What are the common targets and mechanisms of action of pipeline therapies?
- What are the commercial prospects for the most promising late-stage products?
- Various drivers and barriers will influence the market over the forecast period.
- What are the barriers that will limit the uptake of premium-priced therapies in the assessed countries?
- Which factors are most likely to drive the market in these countries?
- What licensing and co-development deals have occurred within this therapy area since 2006?
Reasons to buy
- Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape through a comprehensive analysis of disease symptoms, diagnostic methods, etiology, pathophysiology, epidemiology, prognosis and treatment.
- Visualize the composition of the uveitis market in terms of dominant therapies, with their clinical and commercial standing. Unmet needs are highlighted to allow a competitive understanding of gaps in the market.
- Analyze the uveitis pipeline and stratify pipeline therapies by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target.
- Understand the potential of late-stage therapies, with extensive profiles of products that could enter the market over the forecast period, highlighting clinical performance, potential commercial positioning, and how they will compete with other therapies.
- Predict uveitis market growth in the five assessed Asia-Pacific markets, with epidemiological and annual cost of therapy forecasts across India, China, Australia, South Korea and Japan, as well as the individual contributions of promising late-stage molecules to market growth.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the uveitis deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals.
Spanning over 91 pages "Uveitis Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2023 - Increasing Prevalence, Continued Uptake of Biologics and Novel Pipeline Drugs to Drive the Market" report covers Introduction, Marketed Products, Pipeline Analysis, Clinical Trial Analysis, Multi-scenario Forecast, Drivers and Barriers, Deals and Strategic Consolidations, Appendix.
Please visit this link for more details: https://www.marketresearchreports.com/gbi-research/uveitis-therapeutics-asia-pacific-markets-2023-increasing-prevalence-continued-uptake
Find all Pharma and Healthcare Reports at: https://www.marketresearchreports.com/pharma-healthcare
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports® Inc. is world's largest store offering quality market research, SWOT analysis, competitive intelligence and industry reports. We help Fortune 500 to Start-Ups with the latest market research reports on global & regional markets which comprise key industries, leading market players, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
Contact us for your market research requirements: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/contact