Fast Market Research recommends "Australia Infrastructure Report Q1 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/23/2013 -- We have revised down our full-year Australian construction growth forecast for 2013 to 2.2% (previously 2.6%) as construction data in H113 has disappointed. However, we still believe that construction activity could improve from levels seen in 2012, but over a longer timeframe. As such, we have maintained our 2014 construction growth forecast at 3.3%. This is because of conducive monetary conditions for construction, a sustained recovery in homebuilding activity, as well as the potential for greater fixed investment from the private and public sectors.
Key developments in the sector:
- In October 2013, Leighton Contractors won a AUD370mn contract to construct a new terminal and an integrated transport facility as part of a capacity upgrade for Melbourne Airport. Terminal 4 will include baggage handling and re-claim facilities, check-in kiosks and a number of retail areas. The project will also involve the construction of a complementary transport facility which will include a seven-storey car park. Work is scheduled to commence with immediate effect with an expected completion date of 2015. The new Terminal 4 will be delivered by the firm in a joint venture with its subsidiary Broad Construction.
- In October 2013, McConnell Dowell won an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract worth AUD455mn (US$429.55mn) from Samsung C&T for the design and construction of the Port Marine Works in Port Hedland, western Australia. The scope of work under the project includes all the structural, mechanical, piping, electrical & instrumentation works as well as a drive station, an abutment, three transfer stations and a two berth iron ore load out wharf joined with an about 3,600m long elevated overland conveyor lading to the ore stockyard. The project, scheduled to begin in late 2013, is likely to be completed in mid-2015.
- In October 2013, the government of Victoria shortlisted three consortiums, namely East West Connect, Inner Link Group and Momentum Infrastructure, for delivering the AUD7bn (US$6.6bn) Stage 1 of the East West Link. The consortiums were selected after considering their expressions of interest for the project. The project that includes an 18km-long cross city connection north of the Melbourne central business district in Australia, will be delivered as an availability private public partnership with the state retaining tolling and traffic risk in the beginning. The capital cost of the East West Link Stage 1 is estimated to be between AUD6bn (US$5.65bn) and AUD8bn (US$7.54bn). Project construction will start in late 2014 and is expected to be completed in 2019-2020.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Infrastructure Report Q1 2014
- Argentina Infrastructure Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Infrastructure Report Q1 2014
- Vietnam Infrastructure Report Q1 2014
- Brazil Infrastructure Report Q1 2014
- Turkey Infrastructure Report Q1 2014
- Poland Infrastructure Report Q1 2014
- Iraq Infrastructure Report Q1 2014
- Ecuador Infrastructure Report Q1 2014
- Chile Infrastructure Report Q1 2014