Fast Market Research recommends "Australia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/05/2014 -- Over 300 drug formulations listed on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) will be subject to price reduction from October 1 2014, following the first simplified price disclosure (SPD) cycle in Australia. As a result, the prices of the affected drugs will be lowered by 20% on average, from those in April 2014. The Australian government continues to push price controls on pharmaceuticals. This is a reflection of the fact that high prices are no longer accepted by patients and national health services. The advent of health economics, coupled with increasing budget deficits, will result in more caps on medicine expenditure, especially on essential drugs. Given the government's aim to contain overall healthcare costs, BMI forecasts that the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector will grow at a low single-digit rate. Nevertheless, pharmaceutical firms can expect swifter access to the Australian pharmaceutical market, following the scrapping of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Pricing Authority which will not have a significant impact on how drugs are listed on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. However, we highlight that any potential reform of the healthcare system is a downside risk to our forecasts.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: AUD12.95bn (USD12.50bn) in 2013 to AUD13.41bn (USD11.93bn) in 2014; +3.5% in local currency terms and -4.5% in US dollar terms, due to significant exchange rate fluctuations. Forecast was downgraded after taking into account new data from Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme's expenditure.
- Healthcare: AUD142.16bn (USD137.18bn) in 2013 to AUD148.64bn (USD132.29bn) in 2014; +4.6% in local currency terms and -3.6% in US dollar terms, due to exchange rate fluctuations. Forecast changed slightly from Q314 in local currency terms.
Australia's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) score for Q414 remained at 65.8 out of the maximum 100 and kept third position within the region. In Q414, Japan is...
The Australia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Australia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Australian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Australia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Australian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Australian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Australia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Hong Kong Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Netherlands Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Algeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Japan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014