Eynon, PA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/07/2017 -- Auto Glass Fitters, the leading mobile auto glass replacement company in Savannah, GA and throughout the country, is happy to explain the process in which all of their certified technicians go through when performing a windshield replacement:
1. Pre-work includes pre-inspection and protecting vulnerable areas from damage during the replacement.
2. Parts removal includes removal of moldings, wipers, cowl and trim and carefully cutting out the old windshield from the polyurethane adhesive with a variety of power and hand tools.
3. Surface preparation includes trimming the old polyurethane adhesive evenly to 1/16 of an inch. This step can take some time but ensures a quality fit and bond of the new windshield.
4. Proper urethane application requires use of primers and quick setting polyurethane adhesives that meet or exceed Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) requirements. Auto Glass Fitters only uses polyurethane adhesive systems that provide a safe drive away time of no more than one hour.
5. Glass installation requires that the technician thoroughly clean and apply activator to the glass and allow the precise amount of time for the activator to dry before installing it on the newly applied polyurethane. The technician then replaces the moldings, wipers, cowl and trim removed in Step 2 and cleans any debris left over from the replacement process. In addition, the technician will reinstall the rear-view mirror, toll transponders, transfer inspection stickers and remount remote starter components as required.
6. Post-work includes inspecting the vehicle one last time and providing clear instructions on the safe drive-away time until the adhesive fully cures and the vehicle is safe to drive.
Those interested in finding out more about the premier mobile auto glass company serving Canton, OH is encouraged to contact the experts at Auto Glass Fitters. To do so, please call 877-256-2054 or visit https://autoglassfitters.com.
About Auto Glass Fitters
Auto Glass Fitters is a repair and replacement service that specializes in mobile vehicle replacements. For car owners dealing with cracked windshields, Auto Glass Fitter's will travel to their vehicles' locations and conduct on-site replacements. Beyond windshields, Auto Glass Fitters replaces rear and side windows. The company has 17 locations throughout Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey, as well as over 150 other locations in 30 states nationwide.
To learn more about Auto Glass Fitters, please visit their website at https://autoglassfitters.com/.