Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/02/2014 -- Automotive Lighting Market by Position (Front, Rear, Side, & Interior), Technology (Halogen, Xenon/HID, & LED), Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, LCV, Bus, & Heavy Truck), & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
Lighting is an integral part of vehicle. With technological advancement many changes were introduced in automotive lighting. The basic purpose of lighting is to provide visibility for the driver under darkness and bad weather conditions. It also intimates the driver about vehicle presence, position, and presence of pedestrians and motorists on the road. Apart from its safety features, lighting has also become part of aesthetics of the car.
Lighting technology varies with the vehicle type and positions; the automotive lighting market is largely dependent on vehicle production volume. Automotive lights are installed mainly in the front, on the side, the rear and in the interior. With growing safety awareness, automotive lighting market is growing at a promising rate. In addition to this, the increase in vehicle production is fueling the growth of the automotive lighting market. LED is mainly used because it reduces energy consumption and is now regularly used in passenger cars and most premium segment cars. With the growth in the purchasing power, people now opt for more sophisticated lighting options. Certain rules and regulations in different regions have set different automotive lighting standards, for instance, Daytime Running Lamps DRLs are mandatory in the European region to avoid accidents.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Automotive Lighting Market: By Position (Front, Rear, Side, & Interior), Technology (Halogen, Xenon/HID, & LED), Vehicle Type, & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Global Automotive Lighting Market 2012-2016
- Global Automotive Halogen Lighting Market 2014-2018
- Automotive Brake System Market By Geography, Brake Type (Disc, Drum), Vehicle Type (Passenger Cars, Light & Heavy Commercial, Two Wheelers) & Technology (Electronically Assisted & Others) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Automotive Paints Market by Coat Type (Electrocoat, Primer, Basecoat & Clearcoat), by Technology (Solvent-Borne, Waterborne & Powder Coating), Texture Type (Metallic & Solid), Vehicle Type & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Automotive HVAC Market by Vehicle Type (Passenger Cars, LCVs & HCVs), Technology (Manual & Automatic), Components & Cabin Comfort Market by Type (Power Seats, Power Windows, Heated Seats & Sunroofs) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Market 2014-2018
- Automotive Air Filters Market by Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, Light & Heavy Commercial), by Filter Type (Intake & Cabin Air Filters), by Market Type (OE & Aftermarket), Two-Wheelers (OE & Aftermarket) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Smart Lighting Market - Global Forecast & Analysis to 2014-2020
- Level Sensors Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2013 - 2020