New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Baby and Child-Specific Products in Portugal"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/07/2014 -- The decline in the Portuguese birth rate and acute economic instability contributed to the poor performance of baby and child-specific products in 2013. According to Euromonitor International, the birth rate in Portugal declined over the review period, falling from 10 births per 1,000 people in 2008 to nine births per 1,000 people in 2013. The number of children in Portugal aged under 14 was also on the decline from 2008. Furthermore, almost one in 20 foreigners gave up on Portugal in 2012, with Brazilians, 6,000 in total, topping the departures list.
Arbora & Ausonia led baby and child-specific products in 2013 with a value share of 25%, showing a slight decrease in actual value sales compared with the previous year. Consumers? trust in Arbora & Ausonia products remained high, as the company has a long-standing presence in Portugal, with its Dodot brand retaining the lead in baby wipes, the largest category in baby and child-specific products in Portugal. In terms of novelties, the company launched Dodot Sensitive ?I love you baby? wipes during 2012; these help to quickly recover the natural pH of babies? skin.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Given the lack of new product developments featuring value-added properties, and continuing changes in habits amongst Portuguese parents pressured by the ongoing economic recession, baby and child-specific products is expected to continue to see a poor performance during the 2013-2018 forecast period. Furthermore, baby and child-specific products is also expected to continue to be adversely affected by the ageing population throughout the forecast period. Any further decline in the birth rate in Portugal is likely to hamper volume growth in the category during the forecast period, further limiting the potential for value growth. Overall baby and child-specific products is expected to see a negative value CAGR of 1% at constant 2013 prices, reaching ?84 million in 2018.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baby Care industry in Portugal with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baby Care industry in Portugal, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baby Care in Portugal market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baby Care in Portugal?
- What are the major brands in Portugal?
- What are the movements in unit prices across categories?
- What is the penetration of premium baby care products?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Baby and Child-specific Hair Care, Baby and Child-specific Skin Care, Baby and Child-specific Sun Care, Baby and Child-specific Toiletries, Baby Wipes, Medicated Baby and Child-specific Products, Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Lithuania
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in the United Arab Emirates
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Estonia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Slovenia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Norway
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Georgia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Israel
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Denmark
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Belarus
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Argentina