New York, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/22/2017 -- "The Baby Food Market in UK, 2017", is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the UK market.
GET SAMPLE REPORT @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/sample-request/1372602-the-baby-food-market-in-uk-2017
The UK baby food market has been struggling in recent years, with volume in 2016 12% lower than in 2010. Negative publicity on the nutritional values of prepared baby foods has exacerbated the existing move towards homemade baby foods. UK babies were consuming considerably less baby food in 2016 than in 2010. Estimates that the total value of the market grew by 28.3% at current prices between 2010 and 2016. At constant 2010 prices, the value of the sector has grown by 13.8% over the same period. Forecasts a rise of 22% in 2022, equivalent to a rise of 7% in real terms. Volumes will show no growth, although finger foods and milks will gain ground. Finger foods will register the highest growth due to the increasing popularity of on-the-go snacks among parents.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
- In UK baby food market, volume sales are down by 12% and the value of the market has risen both in absolute and in real terms, largely due to the higher unit prices of milks, as well as the trend towards higher priced finger foods.
- Infant formula dominates the baby food market, accounting for 58% of value sales and 46% of volume in 2016. Finger Foods is the only category to see consistent growth, which accounts for under 10% of retail sales.
- Organic food has made considerable headway in baby food, with the strongest performance in wet meals and finger foods.
- Danone, owner of the Cow & Gate and Aptamil brands, is the dominant leader in the baby food market, with a value share of 52.8% in 2016.
- There is limited production of baby food in the UK, with most formulae imported, although there are some small local companies.
- The major food multiples and pharmacies/drugstores are the main commercial channels for baby food distribution. Non-commercial channels including hospitals and clinics are excluded from the retail market; subsidized milk distribution through clinics was terminated in 2006.
- Estimates that there is further potential for growth in the UK's baby food market in terms of value, if not volume.
Reasons to buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Table of Content: Key Points
Background to the Market
Production and Trade
Prospects and Forecasts
ACCESS REPORT @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/reports/1372602-the-baby-food-market-in-uk-2017
Get in touch: