Fast Market Research recommends "BAE Systems plc and EADS: Why the merger failed and what happened next" from MarketLine, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/12/2013 -- In September 2012, a merger was being discussed between BAE System and The European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS). The new company would have had combined revenues of over $100bn in 2012. The merger was effectively terminated in October 2012 following European governments failing to agree on the new company, which prompted uncertainty about the future of the companies.
Features and benefits
- MarketLine Case Studies describe topics such as innovative products, business models, and significant company acquisitions.
- Fact-based and presented in an accessible style, they explain the rationale of commercial decisions and illustrate wider market and economic trends
The merger would have prompted consolidation in the European defense industry and created a company with the size and potential to challenge the Boeing Company. Both companies would benefit from the merger; EADS would strengthen its defense arm to hedge against the civilian aviation market, whilst BAE would diversifying to stabilize revenue.
The merger was effectively killed off in October 2012 by the refusal of the German government to ratify the deal amid political deadlock, although the French and UK governments were preparing to compromise. The merger also would have been suspect to governments external of the EU, particularly the US given BAE's eminence in its defense contracting.
After merger talks were cancelled, both companies' futures were uncertain. Governments and the companies are hesitant to declare the move dead. Although EADS enjoyed success in 2012 with Airbus, the company still faces challenges with its defense businesses. BAE remains in an adverse situation, but there is progress in international demand.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Your key questions answered
- What was the logic behind the BAE Systems and EADS merger?
- Why did the BAE Systems EADS merger fail?
- What happened to BAE Systems and EADS after the merger's cancellation?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The UK Defense Industry - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2017
- BAE Systems plc (BA.) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The UK Defense Industry - Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights to 2017: Market Profile
- The United Kingdom Defense Industry - Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights to 2017: Market Profile
- Future of the UK Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2017
- Future of the Saudi Arabian Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2018
- The Saudi Arabian Defense Industry: Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2017
- The Saudi Arabian Defense Industry - Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights to 2018: Market Profile
- The Saudi Arabia Defense Industry - Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights to 2017: Market Profile
- BAE Systems plc: Defense Company Profile, SWOT and Financial Report