Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/28/2014 -- Despite some downside risks, we maintain our positive outlook on food consumption growth in Bahrain throughout the forecast period. We forecast food consumption growth in local currency terms falling only slightly from the 6.4% forecast for 2014, supported as it is by strong growth in the mass grocery retail sector. Real GDP growth of 3.4% in 2014 is expected to be exceeded in 2015 and 2016 with growth of above 4% forecast for both years. However, employment and wage growth have slowed in recent months and are yet to show signs of improvement.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- Food consumption growth for 2014: +6.4%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2013 to 2018: +6.2%.
- Per capita food consumption growth for 2014: +5.4%; CAGR 2013 to 2018: +4.7%.
- Soft drinks value sales growth for 2014: +4.8%; CAGR 2013 to 2018: +4.8%.
- Mass grocery retail sales growth for 2014: +8.0%; CAGR 2013 to 2018: +7.5%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Company Trends
Mondelez International To Create 300 Jobs With New Bahrain Biscuit Plant: US-based Mondelez International announced in October 2014 that its USD90mn new biscuit manufacturing plant in Bahrain would create around 300 direct jobs by the end of its initial operating phase. However, the plant's scalability means that there is the potential for it to generate a further 700 direct jobs and sustain thousands of indirect jobs in the future. The company describes the new plant as its most advanced biscuit manufacturing plant yet and initially it will produce Oreo, Ritz and TUC biscuits to cater for increasing Middle Eastern and African demand for the brands.
Mega Mart To Introduce A Further 2,000 Tesco Brand Products: Bahraini retailer Mega Mart announced in October 2014 that it was to introduce a further 2,000 Tesco brand goods to the shelves of its Mega Mart and Macro Mart stores across the country. This resulted from an agreement signed with Tesco's Middle East and North Africa (MENA) distributor, MENA Holdings.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Malaysia Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Bulgaria Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Caribbean Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q1 2015