New Retailing research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/20/2013 -- The Bahrain Retail Report examines the long-term potential of the local consumer market, but flags shortterm concern about the impact on Bahrain's economic outlook of the ongoing political crisis.
The report examines how best to maximise returns in the Bahrain retail market while minimising investment risk, and also explores the impact of the downturn in fixed investment on the Bahraini consumer and on the ability of producers and exporters to realise returns in the short term.
The report also analyses the growth and risk management strategies being employed by the leading players in the Bahrain retail sector, as they seek to maximise the growth opportunities offered by the local market.
Bahrain per-capita consumer spending is forecast to increase by 27.7% through to 2017, compared with a regional growth average of 47.2%. The country comes sixth (out of seven) in BMI's Middle East and Africa Retail Risk/Reward Ratings, although it outperforms significantly for Risk. Among all retail categories, mass grocery retail will be the outperformer in growth terms through to 2017. Sales are forecast to increase by nearly 44% between 2013 and 2017 from US$1.21bn to US$1.74bn, as demand for packaged and convenience foods continues to pick up on the back of busier lifestyles and more Westernised eating habits. In the competitive arena, BMI sees upside potential in Bahrain's business-friendly regulatory environment, which has succeeded in attracting a number of multinational food companies.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
- Bahrain's economy will remain on a recovery path heading into 2014, driven by a normalisation of oil output, continued improvements in non-oil business activity, and steadfast fiscal support from the government. We forecast real GDP growth of 4.3% this year and 3.4% in 2014, up slightly from our previous projections of 3.7% and 3.2%. However, the continued uncertainty of Bahrain's political trajectory remains a key downside risk. -
We see potential for a robust recovery in private consumption this year, helped by strong base effects after growth of only 0.7% in 2012. We forecast a 6.0% expansion this year, moderating to 4.0% in 2014.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Poland Retail Report Q4 2013
- Russia Retail Report Q4 2013
- Singapore Retail Report Q4 2013
- Hungary Retail Report Q4 2013
- Turkey Retail Report Q4 2013
- Romania Retail Report Q4 2013
- Bulgaria Retail Report Q4 2013
- Croatia Retail Report Q4 2013
- Czech Republic Retail Report Q4 2013
- Indonesia Retail Report Q4 2013