Fast Market Research recommends "Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q3 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/09/2014 -- BMI View: Bahrain's telecoms market is rapidly moving towards high-value wireless and wireline data services, supported by the launch of 4G LTE network services and 100Mbps fibre broadband services in 20 13 an d early 2014 . As well as encouraging continued take-up of 3G and 4G, we expect telecoms operators to increase their focus on improving subscriber mixes and bolstering their converged and value added services portfolios in order to offset declining voice revenues and the impact of market saturation. We have a positive outlook for the take-up of higher-value services based on the government's planned investment in a National Broadband Network and its expansionary policy, which will sustain high private consumption levels. However, year-end data for 2013 confirmed our view that strong growth in the mobile data market poses a downside risk to growth in the fixed broadband sector.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Bahrain's mobile market contracted by 0.6% in Q413, bringing the total number of subscriptions down to 2.21mn. This was a penetration rate of 165.9%, down 1pp q-o-q.
- Regulatory data showed exceptionally strong take-up of mobile data services in Q413, with the number of 3G and 4G subscriptions grew 19.3% during the quarter.
- The impact of fixed-to-mobile substitution gained pace in Q413, as regulatory data showed net subscription losses of around 4,000 lines q-o-q. At the end of 2013 there were 251,000 fixed-line subscriptions, down from 261,000 a year earlier.
This quarter Bahrain's Risk/Reward score remained unchanged at 51.6 and it stayed ahead of Oman in sixth place on BMI's Telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings table. Bahrain's lowest score is in the industry risks category, which reflects strong state influence on the telecoms sector despite the existence of an independent telecoms regulator, and continued government ownership of the incumbent operator. Bahrain's highest score is in the country rewards category, as the country benefits from...
The Bahrain Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Bahrain's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Bahrain Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Bahrain.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Argentina Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Ireland Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- 2014 Worldwide Wired Telecommunications Carriers Industry - Industry & Market Report
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- India Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Telecommunications Report Q2 2014