Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/28/2014 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of Bangladesh Power Development Board - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review market report to its offering
Bangladesh Power Development Board - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the companys history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the companys key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) is an integrated energy statutory board. The board was established as a statutory body under power division of Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources, Government of Bangladesh. BPDB carries out electricity generation through owned power plants as well as procures electricity from public and private generation companies. It also undertakes wholesale of electricity to utilities; retail sale of electricity across six distribution zones; and preparation and implementation of generation and distribution projects. The board utilizes gas, coal, hydro, furnace oil, and diesel as fuel source for electricity generation. BPDB carries out generation and distribution activities through four subsidiaries, namely, Ashuganj Power Station Company Ltd. (APSCL); Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh (EGCB); North West Power Generation Company Ltd. (NWPGCL); and North West Power Generation Company Ltd. (NWPGCL). The board provides electricity across six distribution zones, including Chittagong, Comilla, Mymenshing, Sylhet, Rajshahi, and Rangpur. BPDC is headquartered in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The boards investment focuses on energy-centric growth. It strives to expand existing installed capacity with addition of 10,500 MW to achieve 24,000 MW of capacity in next five years. To this end, BPDB has floated tender for construction and installation of 400 MW gas-based power project in Bibiyana. The project will be constructed in place of the canceled Bibiyana-1 project.
Bangladesh Power Development Board Key Recent Developments
Apr 28, 2014: Bangladesh And China To Sign MoU For 1,320MW Coal-fired Power Plant
Feb 18, 2014: PDB floats tender for 400MW gas-fired power project in Bibiyana, Bangladesh
Jan 27, 2014: Bangladesh PDB to develop 6,000MW ultra supercritical coal-based power plant in Coxs Bazar
Oct 19, 2013: NVVN increases electricity supply by 25MW to Bangladesh
Sep 27, 2013: India starts power supply to Bangladesh on experimental basis
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this reports analysis of the companys business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies with detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the companys core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this reports detailed insight into the companys strategic, business and operational performance.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Bangladesh Power Development Board
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit