Fast Market Research recommends "Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q4 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/08/2013 -- BMI's medium-term outlook for Bangladesh's telecommunication sector remains bright, given growth potential in the nation's underserved mobile market. The latest Q113 result shows evidence of a strong subscriptions rebound after negative growth in Q412 due to government's ban on unregistered prepaid SIMs. However, we remain cautiously optimistic on data growth given repeated 3G auction delays. Internet penetration should increase in the medium term if government stays committed to internet infrastructure investment.
- Mobile subscriptions rise to 112.0mn in Q113 from 107.3mn in Q412 - a 4.3% increase - after strong marketing campaigns by operators Grameenphone and Robi Axiata. Penetration is 72.5% as of Q113.
- Blended ARPU increases for both Grameenphone and Robi Axiata in Q113 due to higher MoU due to roll-out of more affordable mobile schemes. Banglalink experiences decline in both blended ARPU and MoU.
- Based on International Telecommunication Union (ITU) data, number of internet users increase to 9.6mn in 2012 from 7.6mn in 2011. Internet penetration remains at a low 0.34%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
The BTRC has delayed 3G applications to August 12 2013, with the auction now set to take place on September 2 2013. Four 2,100MHz 3G mobile licences were scheduled to be auctioned, with one licence already reserved for state-owned Teletalk.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Bulgaria Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Belgium Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Norway Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- China Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)