Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Basic Chemicals in Australia: Industrial Report", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/18/2012 -- Euromonitor International's Industrial reports provide a 360 degree view of an industry. This Industrial market report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the Basic Chemicals market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, packaging innovations, economic/lifestyle influences, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts illustrate how the market is set to change.
Report Findings Include:
- There were increasing worldwide concerns about the environmental impact of chemical manufacturing during the review period. Despite this, increases in overall market production in Australia boosted sales in the country's basic chemicals market. The market grew at an average annual rate of 8% throughout the review period to reach nearly A$12 billion in value by the end of 2010.
- Despite rapid growth for the market, it remains vulnerable to economic cycles. Due to the global economic downturn at the end of the review period, sales declined in value by 2% in 2010. The market production is mostly used as raw materials for further processing. Consequently, B2B consumers amounted to more than 99% of total sales in 2010. The market is not significant in a global context. In comparison, the world's largest basic chemicals industry, in the US, is 15 times larger in value. Demand in Australia is partly limited by extremely strict environmental regulations. These regulations are especially important in Australia, as it is a common law country. This means that environmental violations are investigated under duty of care legislation. This requires that chemicals must be used in a safe manner so as not to cause harm or injury to the user, other people, animals or the environment. A breach of this duty of care may amount to negligence. Compared with civil law countries, where chemical users may bypass some laws, in Australia this is not possible. Consequently, legislation limits the usage of chemicals in many ways.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Reasons to Get this Report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Basic Chemicals market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Basic Chemicals in Spain: Industrial Report
- Basic Chemicals in Brazil: Industrial Report
- Basic Chemicals in the United Kingdom: Industrial Report
- Basic Chemicals in Germany: Industrial Report
- Basic Chemicals in China: Industrial Report
- Basic Chemicals in the US: Industrial Report
- Basic Chemicals in Japan: Industrial Report
- Basic Chemicals in France: Industrial Report
- Basic Chemicals in Saudi Arabia: Industrial Report
- Basic Chemicals in Italy: Industrial Report