Bastian Solutions Offers Innovative Warehouse Software Solutions
Indianapolis, IN -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/01/2015 -- Damir Kantardzic, president of Bastian Software Solutions Division, discussed the advantages of all-in-one warehouse software solution in the company blog. Kantardzic noted after consulting with the customer, we suggested an all-in-one warehouse software solution that would include the hardware, a warehouse control system and a warehouse management system. This strategy offered several advantages:
- Support was provided from a single source.
- Interfaces between different software packages were not necessary, thus eliminating communication breakdowns, slowdowns and difficulties of passing business logic and decisions from one package to another.
- Integration of hardware and software was much simpler since the controls and software were completed by one team.
- An integrated WCS and WMS solution meant no complex synchronization of multiple systems, reducing the potential for hardware failures.
- Access to hardware status within the WMS allowed for near real-time decision-making during planning and waving of the work.
- The integrated system offered improved and accurate productivity analysis and reporting.
- Increased expansion opportunities as the software system provided the ability to switch out or add new hardware components to the system.
In the past, warehouse and distribution products and services fell into two camps—material handling equipment and warehouse software. By understanding market trends and customer needs, companies soon found it advantageous to offer both hardware and software. This holistic approach gave those vendors an innovative and unique selling proposition: the ability to implement end-to-end warehouse systems.
To read the entire article, go to: http://ow.ly/SFUAP
About Bastian Solutions
Bastian Solutions (http://ow.ly/LaOTe), a global material handling systems integrator and expert in e-commerce fulfillment automation is an innovator in the fields of material handling automation, goods-to-person systems, wearable AR technology, supply chain software, and robotics. Bastian Solutions recently announced the acquisition of Forte Engineering. The merge creates a turnkey software suite for beverage distributors and strengthens the companies' overall product offerings and customer support.
Bastian Solutions is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, with an additional 16 domestic offices and 7 international offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Mexico, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia. Uniquely positioned, Bastian Solutions offers customers complete and innovative turnkey material handling systems, from design and simulation, all the way through installation and operations. Modern Materials Handling named Bastian Solutions 2015 Top 20 Systems Suppliers Worldwide.
Bastian Solutions provides integrated material handling systems reducing the total cost of order fulfillment and delivery cycle times for its customers; tremendous productivity gains and a quick return on investment are ensured. Automating supply chain logistics with harmony between material flow, information flow, and operational processes, yields a unique and important competitive advantage. Follow Bastian Solutions on Twitter @BastianSolution.