Indianapolis, IN -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/15/2016 -- Bastian Solutions, the leader in material handling systems, provided Mölnlycke Health Care, a world-leading manufacturer of single-use wound care and surgical products, an efficient process to transport and palletize SKUs. Mölnlycke decided to build a new manufacturing facility in Brunswick and needed to outfit it with best-in-class material handling equipment.
The process led to many improvements including:
- The robotic palletizer completes over 16 pallets per day with room for growth
- Pallets are stacked to over 90 inches without safety concerns of manually stacking tall pallets
- Scanners check to ensure cases are for the correct batch
- A single warehouse operator can manage the palletizer and other warehouse duties
- Automated sluice maintains the positive pressure in the clean room area
- Shuttleworth Slip-Torque conveyor allows accumulation of product in the clean room without a belt running underneath the cases
- Ceiling-hung conveyors to allow for operator movement and material delivery to happen underneath
To read the entire case study, go to: http://ow.ly/Y7cd8
Bastian Solutions will be exhibiting at the 2016 MODEX show April 4-7, 2016 at the Georgia World Congress Center. Bastian Solutions will be located at booth #3779.
About Bastian Solutions
Bastian Solutions (http://ow.ly/LaOTe), a global material handling systems integrator and expert in e-commerce fulfillment automation is an innovator in the fields of material handling automation, goods-to-person systems, wearable AR technology, supply chain software, and robotics. Bastian Solutions recently announced the acquisition of Forte Engineering. The merge creates a turnkey software suite for beverage distributors and strengthens the companies' overall product offerings and customer support.
Bastian Solutions is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, with an additional 16 domestic offices and 7 international offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Mexico, and Qatar. Uniquely positioned, Bastian Solutions offers customers complete and innovative turnkey material handling systems, from design and simulation, all the way through installation and operations. Modern Materials Handling named Bastian Solutions 2015 Top 20 Systems Suppliers Worldwide.
Bastian Solutions provides integrated material handling systems reducing the total cost of order fulfillment and delivery cycle times for its customers; tremendous productivity gains and a quick return on investment are ensured. Automating supply chain logistics with harmony between material flow, information flow, and operational processes, yields a unique and important competitive advantage.
Follow Bastian Solutions on Twitter @BastianSolution.