Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/01/2014 -- Economic pressures continued to push consumers to extremes in terms of buying products that give them a real value for their money. This was influenced by the frequent upward unit price movements during the review period which strained on the consumer spending power. Categories such as bar soap saw an increase in new multi -purpose products which would allow consumers to save through buying one product which serves many purposes. A good example was the introduction of the Sunlight bar soap in June 2012 which contains a tropical fragrance which allows consumers to use it for both their laundry as well as washing their body and the bar lasts longer when compared with other bar soaps.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Unilever South Africa led the bath and shower category during the year with a 35% value share, this dominance was driven by Unilever?s broad product portfolio which gives consumers a wide choice and is available across most categories within bath and shower. Unilever boasts with popular brands in sub-categories such as Lifebuoy and Sunlight which have earned consumer loyalty over time since being introduced to the market. Colgate Palmolive was in second place with a 26% value share driven by its top brands in bar soap which include Palmolive, Protex and many other brands. Reckitt Benckiser was in third place with a 17% value share, its popular brand Dettol contributed to the company?s success despite the presence of competitive pressures from market leaders namely Unilever and Colgate Palmolive
The bath and shower category is expected to record a 3% CAGR over the forecast period, such a growth is likely going to be driven by categories such as bar soap where sales of affordable and effective bar soaps are almost next to being guaranteed. Large families are expected to influence the bar soap category growth over the forecast period, unscented bar soap is generally used for both washing clothes as well as a bath soap amongst consumers within the low income groups. Sub categories such as Bath Foam/Gel are expected to supplement the overall category growth although their forecast CAGR will be slightly below 2%.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Bath and Shower industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Bath and Shower industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Bath and Shower in South Africa market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Bath and Shower in South Africa?
- What are the major brands in South Africa?
- How are sales of private label products evolving?
- What is the importance of intimate washes in the overall category context?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Bar Soap, Bath Additives, Body Wash/Shower Gel, Intimate Hygiene, Liquid Soap, Talcum Powder.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in South Korea to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Soap, Bath & Shower Products in South Africa - a Snapshot (2013)
- Bath and Shower Products Market in South Korea to 2017
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in South Korea to 2017
- Beauty and Personal Care in South Africa
- The Future of the Skincare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Bath and Shower in South Korea