Fast Market Research recommends "Bath and Shower in the United Kingdom" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/26/2014 -- Bath and shower recorded current value growth of 1% in 2013 which was slightly lower than the rate seen in 2012. Bath and shower has a relatively equal polarisation of products that are performing weakly and strongly. In terms of the weak products, categories such as bath salts/powder and bath oil/pearls struggled to perform well as taking baths becomes less frequent, while the performances of categories such as liquid soap and intimate hygiene held to sustain bath and shower as a whole, preventing it from registering a decline in 2013.
In 2013, Unilever Home & Personal Care Ltd maintained its leadership of the bath and shower category, registering a 27% value share and sales of GBP215 million. The company's strongest brands in bath and shower were Radox with sales of GBP96 million, Dove with GBP70 million and Lynx with GBP38 million. In terms of company share, Unilever grew one percentage point from 26% in 2012; this was largely due to its innovation activities for many of its brands.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The bath and shower category is set to see a 2% decline in terms of value sales at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period as a whole, with sales slipping to GBP786 million by 2018. As many brands are now offering similar properties, scents and results, it will become increasingly difficult for one particular brand to strongly outperform another, thus competition will become more focused on pricing. Thus, discounting is expected to play a considerable role, and it is likely to be this that will impact the purchasing decisions of consumers.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Bath and Shower industry in United Kingdom with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Bath and Shower industry in United Kingdom, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Bath and Shower in United Kingdom market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Bath and Shower in United Kingdom?
- What are the major brands in United Kingdom?
- How are sales of private label products evolving?
- What is the importance of intimate washes in the overall category context?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Bar Soap, Bath Additives, Body Wash/Shower Gel, Intimate Hygiene, Liquid Soap, Talcum Powder.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in the United Kingdom to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in the United Kingdom to 2017
- The UK Personal Hygiene Market: What Consumers Use and Why?
- Bath and Shower Products Market in the United States to 2017
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in the United States to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Bath and Shower Products Market in the UAE to 2017
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in the United States to 2017
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Beauty and Personal Care in the United Kingdom