Oklahoma City, OK -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/17/2015 -- These days an increasing number of people have started going for their dental assistant certifications, and it is definitely a job that is in high demand. Job outlook for dental assistants is very positive, which is one of the primary reasons why so many people are enrolling in programs to get certified.
Metro tech offers full a full certification program for those who are interested in getting a job as a dental assistant. This program costs $2,875 for those who live in the state, making it one of the more affordable programs of its kind.
Those who are looking for the best career tech in Oklahoma will find that Metro Tech has a reputation for providing its students with the best possible educational experience.
- Book costs for this program are $705, with out-of-state tuition costing $7,475.
- The average pay for dental assistants in Oklahoma is $13/hr, making it a viable career option for many people.
- A total of 1150 credit hours are required to pass this program to get a dental assistant certification.
- Those who are interested in getting certified to become a dental assistant through Metro Tech must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or GED, and CPR for health Care Providers (American Heart Association Course).
Some of the different courses that this program includes are Academic Life Skills, Dental Radiography, Clinical Sciences for the Dental Assistant, Advanced Chairside Functions, and more. Those who are interested in becoming a dentist will find that an assistant's position is a good place to start. Metro Tech's dental assistant program is one of their more popular programs because of all the young people who want to start their career in this particular field.
Metro Tech's dental assistant program provides student's with hands-on training to prepare them for their first real job.
Some of the different certifications that are available through Metro Tech include:
- Certified Dental Assistant
- Assisting with the Administration of Nitrous Oxide
- Radiation Health and Safety Permit
- Application of Pit and Fissure Sealant
All of these certifications are through the Oklahoma Board of Dentistry, and Metro Tech is fully accredited by the Oklahoma Board of Career and Technology Education as well as the Oklahoma State Board of Education.
About Metro Technology Centers
Metro Technology Centers is a career and technology center with four campuses. The school was established in 1979 by a vote of the people to serve Oklahoma City in providing career and technology education (CTE). Metro Tech provides full-time career majors for high school and adult students. High school students receive credit toward high school graduation. Both student groups can earn trade certifications and/or licenses.
Metro Technology Centers
1720 Springlake Dr., Oklahoma City, OK 73111