New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/15/2014 -- The Belarusian economy will receive a boost over the remainder of 2014 and into 2015 as agricultural exports to Russia increase in the wake of the Kremlin's ban on Western food imports. However, the increased food exports to Russia are expected to maintain the consumer price inflation elevated on the back of food supply shortages thus suppressing private consumption growth .
Headline Industry Data
- Food consumption value (local currency) growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +18.2%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2018: +14.3%
- Per capita food consumption value (local currency) growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +18.8%; CAGR to 2018: +14.8%
- Alcoholic drinks value (local currency) sales growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +24.3%; CAGR to 2018: +15.6%
- Alcoholic drinks volume sales (litre) growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +4.8%; CAGR to 2018: +3.2%
Key Company Trends
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- In 2014, the US food processing equipment supplier SPX has won a USD28mn contract from Belarus-based Biocom to supply dairy processing system for its Nesvizh Baby Food Factory in Belarus. Under the terms of the contract, SPX will provide Biocom with a turnkey dairy processing system featuring a range of solutions using ultrafiltration and infusion technologies. The system will comprise an array of highly engineered SPX equipment, including homogenisers, separators, plate and scraped surface heat exchangers, bacteria clarifiers, pumps, valves, membrane technology, extended shelf life technology with microfiltration and ultra high temperature tubular infusion plants.
- In August 2013, Belarus imposed temporary restrictions on all dairy products produced by Fonterra in the wake of the firm's botulism scare. The move came after Fonterra announced that a protein concentrate produced for infant formula and animal feed might be infected with the Colstridium botulinum bacteria. Fonterra exports USD133mn of dairy goods to Belarus, Russia and Kazakhstan.
- In February 2013, Belarus' President Alexander Lukashenko was...
The Belarus Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Belarus Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Belarus.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Belarus to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Belarusian food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Belarus through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mexico Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Slovenia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Turkey Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Singapore Food & Drink Report Q4 2014