Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/18/2014 -- Although modest subscription growth was seen in the mobile and broadband markets in 9M13, mostly on the back of promotions connected to bundled service products, revenue and profit growth is mostly in the negative. This is due to increased price competition caused by operators' responses to the changing regulatory environment, the most recent of which affect the broadband and pay-TV sectors. These changes do not favour some of the smaller fixed-line businesses and mobile network operator Mobistar has withdrawn from the fixed-line market in protest. Mobistar, in any case, is now looking to 4G mobile broadband after 800MHz spectrum was auctioned in November 2013. Mobistar, Proximus and BASE all secured spectrum and, while new entrant b-lite began offering limited app-based 4G services in Q413, fellow newcomer Telenet-Tecteo has yet to make its move, incurring the ire of the regulator for failing to meet launch deadlines. Although non-voice service usage is ticking up, price competition means its contribution to service revenues remains small.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Nominal mobile subscription growth was recorded in Q313, with minimal net additions reported by the three operators. This resulted in a total user base to 12.543mn.
- ARPU rates also declined, with the medium-term trend of declines exacerbated by the cut to mobile termination rates in January 2013, resulting in steeper declines.
- M2M usage continues to grow rapidly, based on data provided by Mobistar, which showed 34.6% y-o-y subscription growth to the end of September 2013.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Bulgaria Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- 2014 Worldwide Wired Telecommunications Carriers Industry - Industry & Market Report
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q1 2014