Biometric Vehicle Access System Market by Authentication type (Fingerprint, Voice), Future Technology (Iris Recognition System), Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, Battery Electric Vehicle), and Region - Global Forecast to 2021
Northbrook, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/10/2018 -- The overall Biometric Vehicle Access System Market is expected to grow from USD 0.44 billion in 2016 to USD 0.85 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 14.06% from 2016 to 2021. The market for fingerprint recognition system is at the growth stage, whereas the voice recognition system market is recently introduced and a slowly growing market. A fingerprint recognition system is a device that thwarts any unauthorized entry into the vehicle unless the correct fingerprint of the driver is provided. This advanced technology is expected to propel the growth of the biometric vehicle access system market. The base year considered for the study is 2015, and the forecast has been provided for the period between 2016 and 2021.
Use of fingerprint recognition system in automobile drives the global biometric vehicle access system market
The global biometric vehicle access is a growing new market in vehicle security industry, where these systems are presently used in luxury cars and retro fit by commercial vehicles owners for security and monitoring their fleet. The biometric security systems have technological variants, and includes fingerprints, hand geometry, voice verification, and retina/ iris/ face recognition. The technology works as automated access monitoring system, which is primarily based on driver behavioral or physiological characteristics, that does verification and recognition to access the vehicle. The biometric access systems are safeguarded by number of provisions and technique's, namely, multimodal biometric systems, template-on-token, match-on-token, data-hiding techniques, and cancellable biometrics.
Download PDF Brochure @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=34162390
Major Market Developments
- In October 2016, Fujitsu announced development of a new technology that would utilise machine learning and image processing to analyze surveillance camera images of traffic. The company is planning to increase the accuracy and incidents recognizable with this technology.
- In February 2016, EyeLock(subsidiary) has announced on a new iris identification technology to start the ignition of cars. EyeLock's technology looks at over 240 points in each eye, and the vehicle starts only after the scan is matched to the driver's iris template.
- In March 2016, Nuance Communications ntroduced a Dragon Drive connected car platform and Nuance Mix voice platform. This technology would provide automakers with a set of capabilities to create intelligent and conversational voice experiences for cars.
- Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of biometric vehicle access system
- Integrated device manufacturers
- Consumer electronics manufacturers
- Research organizations and consulting companies
- Subcomponent manufacturers
- Technology providers
- HMI manufacturer
Critical questions which the report answers
- What are new application areas which the biometric vehicle access system and HMI companies are exploring?
- Which are the key players in the market and how intense is the competition?
Key players in the market include Hitachi Ltd (Japan) and Fujitsu Ltd (Japan), Safran S.A (France), Synaptics Incorporated (US.), and Nuance Communications (US). These players are increasingly undertaking new product launches, expansions to develop and introduce modern technologies and products in the market.
Get Detail Insight @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/biometric-vehicle-access-system-market-34162390.html