New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/12/2013 -- After a slow start to 2013, Bosnia's mobile market recovered in Q213, albeit with a marginal growth, to confirm our view of continued subscriptions growth on the back of regulatory measures aimed at boosting competition. We therefore retain our five-year growth forecast for the mobile sector, but caution regular inactive SIM discounting poses a downside risk to our outlook. The fixed-line market is benefiting from intense competition between the incumbent operators and alternative players. This is driving down prices and sustaining growth, especially in the broadband sector, despite increasing take-up of mobile voice and data services. As subscription growth slows across all services as a result of market saturation, we expect operators to ramp up high-value offerings such as multiplay services to boost value growth.
- The mobile market grew by 0.4% q-o-q in Q213 to partially offset a decline of 2.8% in the previous quarter.
- Data from the regulator, CRA, showed Bosnia's fixed-line market to have declined faster in 2012 compared to 2011, with the rate of decline accelerating to 9.8% from 4.5% in 2011.
- We estimate a total of 601,000 broadband subscriptions at end-2012, up 14.7% y-o-y.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends & Developments
BH Telecom is planning to make acquisitions in the domestic market, according to the company's director Nedzad Residbegovic. BH Telecom is planning to acquire smaller players in the market partly to secure new revenue sources as well as to consolidate its position as the leading operator in the country amid reports that Hrvatski Telekom intends to buy Telekom Slovenije.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Bulgaria Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q1 2014