Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/09/2014 -- Czech consumers continued to save on bottled water in 2013 under remaining unstable purchasing power and they chose bottled water very carefully looking for surplus value. It is reflected by the fact that functional bottled water saw the highest off-trade increase in both volume and value sales during 2013. Plain bottled water faces competition from tap water. Czech consumers continue to drink tap water mixed with liquid concentrates. Tap water is perceived as being of the same quality as plain bottled water. But there are signs that Czech households with an average income at least purchased more still and gently carbonated spring bottled water during 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Bottled water remains quite concentrated with Karlovarske Mineralni Vody holding a strong off-trade value share of 49% (at the GBO level) in 2013. KMV kept its dominant position in 2013 due to the fact that it has under its wings the domestic producers of Podebradka and HBSW, it invests in new product development and promotion (TV spots, in-store promotion) and it covers a wide distribution scope. Nevertheless, the leader of bottled water continued to lose some share to domestic company of Karlovarska Korunni during 2013.
Consumption of bottled water is expected to revive somewhat over the course of the forecast period. Czech consumers are likely to save on bottled water during 2014 as their purchasing power will remain somewhat unstable but positive growth should develop after 2015 with the prospective improved economic situation in the country. Off-trade volume sales are set to rise by 3% between 2013 and 2018 whilst on-trade consumption is expected to experience stronger total growth of 22% during the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Bottled Water industry in Czech Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Bottled Water industry in Czech Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Bottled Water in Czech Republic market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Bottled Water in Czech Republic?
- What are the major brands in Czech Republic?
- How important is the direct selling method of distribution in Czech Republic for bottled water sales?
- What impact have environmental issues (such as sustainable packaging) had on consumer attitudes, category volumes, packaging formulations and/or product innovation in Czech Republic?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Carbonated Bottled Water, Flavoured Bottled Water, Functional Bottled Water, Still Bottled Water.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bottled Water in Dominican Republic
- Bottled Water in Colombia
- Soft Drinks in the Czech Republic
- Bottled Water in Nigeria
- Bottled Water in Norway
- Bottled Water in Vietnam
- Bottled Water in Turkey
- Bottled Water in Thailand
- Global Bottled Water Market 2014-2018
- Bottled Water in the US