Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/09/2012 -- The Brazilian interior products market is one of the fastest-growing markets in the world. The market registered a CAGR of 2.66% during the review period to reach US$21,825.5 million in 2010. Despite a slowdown during the global economic crisis, the market recovered quickly in 2010; stable financial conditions, strong demographic growth, the rising middle class and the impact of upcoming sporting events such as the 2014 FIFA World Cup 2014 and the 2016 Olympic Games are driving the construction and housing sectors in Brazil, spurring demand for interior products in the country.
Increasing retail sales, particularly for contemporary furniture, tableware and decorative products, are a direct consequence of the changing lifestyle and increasing disposable income of Brazil's middle class, while the country's economic growth and the expansion of international retailers are expected to generate opportunities for exporters. During the review period, the number of nuclear families grew rapidly in Brazil. This growth is driving the demand for new housing products in the country, which is, in turn, driving the interior products market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
With the establishment of large urban areas, the Brazilian construction sector experienced unusual growth during the review period. Increasing urbanization and the impact of upcoming sporting events are also expected to influence the Brazilian hospitality, new housing, construction and house renovation sectors. This growth is also expected to drive demand for interior products to serve the large number of foreign tourists.
- The interior products market in Brazil was valued at US$21,825.5 million in 2010.
- Consumer confidence returned swiftly with a decrease in the country's unemployment rate, and robust growth in the construction and housing sectors also led to an increase in demand for interior products during the review period.
- Brazil is a net importer of interior products, primarily from countries such as China and the US, and the country's open economy and large consumer base has kept the interior products market alive, even during the global financial crisis.
- Upcoming sporting events such as the FIFA World Cup and Olympic Games are expected to drive the growth of the interior products market over the forecast period.
This report provides an extensive analysis of the interior products market in Brazil:
- It details historical values for the Brazilian interior products industry for 2006-2010, along with forecast figures for 2011-2015
- It provides supporting country-specific analysis on the overall market as well as individual values for the industry's key categories
- The report provides top-level analysis of the Brazilian interior products industry's production, trade, distribution, end-user and consumption dynamics
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Etel, Cecrisa SA, Bolis Ind. e Com. de Moveis Ltd, Brasil Post - Garden Pais. P. Pte Ltda, Fabrimar, Artefacto, Breton Actual, Lojas Americanas SA, City Lar, CasaShopping
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of Interior Products in Poland to 2015: Growth to be Led by Construction Industry
- The Future of Interior Products in Russia to 2015
- The Future of Interior Products in Italy to 2015: Eco-Friendly Home Improvement Products to Drive Demand
- The Future of Interior Products in Spain to 2015: Demand to Gather Pace from 2012
- The Future of Interior Products in France to 2015: Recovery to Gather Pace in 2012
- The Future of Interior Products in Germany to 2015: Demand to Gather Pace from 2013
- The Netherlands Interior Products Industry, Key Trends and Opportunities: Single Family Households Driving Market Recovery
- The Future of Interior Products in the UK to 2015: Recovery to Gather Pace from 2012
- Future of Office Furniture Products in Italy to 2015: Market Profile
- Future of Bathroom Products in Italy to 2015: Market Profile