New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Brazil Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/21/2014 -- Brazil's traditional commitment to healthcare, strong government support for the provision of medical services, promising private healthcare growth and the expanding middle-class mean that there are significant revenue-generating opportunities for drugmakers, medical device companies and healthcare service providers. However, multinationals will continue to face increasing government intervention and domestic competition .
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: BRL57.0bn (USD26.4bn) in 2013 to BRL62.0bn (USD26.6bn) in 2014; +8.8% in local currency terms and +0.8% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised upwards from Q 3 14 due to changes to macroeconomic forecast.
- Healthcare: BRL449.4bn (USD208.2bn) in 2013 to BRL491.8bn (USD211.1bn) in 2014; +9.4% in local currency terms and +1.4% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised upwards from Q 3 14 due to changes to historical data.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Rating: Brazil scores 62.7 in BMI's Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Risk/Reward Ratings (RRR), making it the fourth most attractive pharmaceutical market in the Americas. We highlight that Brazil will continue to be the most important market for multinationals in Latin America. Its position has been very well reflected by this quarter's RRR scores.
Key Trends And Developments
- In July 2014, Amgen revealed that its revenues in Brazil increased by 54% in H114. It plans to double its patented drug portfolio from five products to ten by 2020.
- In July 2014, Brazil's Senate Social Affairs Committee approved a law to create a social fund from drilling royalties that the Brazilian government receives from oilfields in the pre-salt layer to be invested into education and healthcare.
- In July 2014, the Brazilian government increased the number of substances used in the production of medicinal products that are exempt from PIS, COFINS and Pasep taxes in Brazil.
- In June 2014, the National Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA) approved its national research...
The Brazil Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Brazil Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Brazilian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Brazil to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Brazilian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Brazilian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Brazil.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Canada Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014