Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Bulgaria Food & Drink Report Q4 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/30/2013 -- An economic slowdown continues to grip Bulgaria, and we retain our real GDP growth forecast of 0.5% for 2013. Household consumption is set to be the main driver of this minimal growth. This economic weakness has implications for spending on food and drink.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2013 food consumption growth: +2.3%; forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2017: +2.7%.
- 2013 alcoholic drinks sales growth: +4.0%; forecast CAGR to 2017: +5.1%.
- 2013 soft drinks sales growth: +6.3%; forecast CAGR to 2017: +4.2%.
- 2013 mass grocery retail sales growth: +4.2%; forecast CAGR to 2017: +5.8%.
Key Industry Trends
Danone Bulgaria Targets Men Yoghurt Launch: In 2013, Danone's Bulgarian subsidiary introduced a series of dairy products targeted towards men. The company has said the new range has been created to suit men's tastes and daily eating habits. Danone Bulgaria said it carried out a number of studies before creating the new brand and found that men prefer eating dairy products with high-fat, natural ingredients and a thick consistency. The range, called Danone for MEN, comprises drinkable and spoonable yoghurts containing 5% fat and lactic acid.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Flat Beer Sales Expected In 2013 In Bulgaria: In 2013, the country's Union of Brewers (UBB) announced that the Bulgarian beer market may fall short of the projected 1% increase in sales volumes for the year, citing cooler summer months. In 2012, nearly BGN70mn was invested by UBB members in the sector, while investment in the first six months of 2013 stood at more than BGN30mn. Much of the investment seen over the past few years has gone towards innovation, expansion of production and portfolio diversification.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Kazakhstan Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Saudi Arabia Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Serbia Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)