Fast Market Research recommends "Bulgaria Insurance Report Q1 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/24/2012 -- Key Insights And Key Risks
The Bulgaria Insurance Report considers the prospects for both life and non-life insurers in that country. The latest statistics from the Financial Supervision Commission (FSC) and comments from leading companies active in Bulgaria indicate that the insurance sector is, and will remain, underdeveloped through the forecast period. Motor related premiums, which account for nearly three-quarters of the nonlife segment, have been constrained by the general softness of the economy (and, we suspect, competition in what is a fragmented market place). Fire and property cover accounts for about one-fifth of the premiums in the non-life segment.
Life insurance continues to develop - if from a low base. At around US$22 per capita, density is at a level which indicates that many households are too poor (and/or lack the understanding of the benefits) to use the offerings of life insurers in organised savings.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the last two years or so, several of the leading players have taken steps to boost profitability. KBC moved to full control of DZI so that the Belgian group could extend its proven bancassurance business model to Bulgaria. VIG has merged two subsidiaries in the country - Bulstrad and Bulgarski Imoti - in order to realise synergy benefits. The very dominant position of multi-nationals in both major segments of Bulgaria's insurance sector should be considered a major strength.
Over the last quarter, BMI has made the following changes:
- The regulator's statistics for H112 have been incorporated into the analysis.
- There is a discussion on the results from last year that were released by insurers in relation to H112.
- The analysis takes into account BMI's latest assessment of an economic environment that remains challenging.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Brazil Insurance Report Q1 2013
- Argentina Insurance Report Q1 2013
- Russia Insurance Report Q1 2013
- Mexico Insurance Report Q1 2013
- Czech Republic Insurance Report Q1 2013
- Hungary Insurance Report Q1 2013
- Canada Insurance Report Q1 2013
- New Zealand Insurance Report Q1 2013
- Estonia Insurance Report 2013
- Caribbean Insurance Report 2013