Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Cafes/Bars in Ireland", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/21/2015 -- Ireland's beleaguered pub trade recorded further declines in 2013 as consumers continued to tightly manage disposable incomes. Despite improving employment levels and a recovering economy many people still find themselves either unwilling or unable to afford the high cost of socialising outside the home. Bars/pubs have been particularly affected in this regard with alcohol readily available through grocery retailers often selling at below-cost prices. Despite this, sales through bars/pubs represented 75% of total value within cafes/bars. Of this, independents represent a 95% value share with the Irish market highly skewed towards family owned and operated enterprises, often passed down from parent to child.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In a highly fragmented category, dominated by independents, Insomnia Coffee Co is the leading player with a 2% value share in 2013, within chained caf?s/bars this represents a 22% value share. The company?s partnership with Spar, co-locating in its retail outlets, has allowed Insomnia to gain national coverage quickly increasing value share by two percentage points on 2012, making it the fastest growing brand in 2013. Its overall performance has allowed it to be the largest player operating within this category despite competition from large multinational heavyweights.
Cafes/bars is expected to see a value CAGR of 1% at constant 2013 prices, over the forecast period to 2018. Bars/pubs can be expected to seek to mitigate potential losses by continuing to shift focus from drink- to food-related sales in a bid to widen appeal in the face of the rising trend towards home consumption of alcohol. As economic conditions improve and spending increases, it can further be expected that operators will seek to increase revenue streams by tapping into the mid-morning/brunch market as well as maximising the potential of lunchtime trade. Smaller operators, especially within cafes, will continue to struggle and there are likely to be further outlet closures or consolidations as competition from chained operations intensifies.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cafes/Bars industry in Ireland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cafes/Bars industry in Ireland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cafes/Bars in Ireland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cafes/Bars in Ireland?
- What are the major brands in Ireland?
- What are the growth prospects for specialist coffee shops in Ireland?
- How important are traditional cafes or bars to the foodservice landscape in Ireland?
- How are domestic specialist coffee shop chains fairing against multinational chains?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Consumer Foodservice in the Philippines
- Consumer Foodservice in Canada
- Consumer Foodservice in Brazil
- Consumer Foodservice in the US
- Consumer Foodservice in Israel