Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Cafes/Bars in Italy", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/21/2014 -- The continuing difficult economy due to the recession and increasing unemployment led Italian consumers to remain very cautious about their out-of-home expenditure. Similar to 2012, the recession forced many caf?s/bars to close down in 2013. Although the decline was less dramatic than in 2012, the balance between the new outlets opening and closures was negative, and at the end of 2013 the total number of outlets of caf?s/bars was 3,226 less than in the previous year. In order to face the ongoing crisis and avoid closures, many operators kept the price of a cup of coffee low. According to FIPE (The Italian Association of Foodservice Operators), the cost of a cup of coffee in Italy is amongst the lowest in Western Europe. Operators also tended to increase their menu offering, and included a wider lunch offering and launched menu deals for breakfast and lunch.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Within caf?s/bars in the Italian market there is a high level of fragmentation. Independent outlets continued to dominate in 2013, accounting for 89% of value sales in caf?s/bars. Amongst the chained operators, the leader in 2013 was Autogrill, with a share of 4% in value terms, followed by Festival and Camst, with negligible value shares. On the other hand, the leading brand remained Guinness Pubs, which operates via franchising and is owned by Diageo.
The main trend expected for caf?s/bars in Italy in the forecast period is a slow recovery. Caf?s/bars is expected to see a less steep decline in the forecast period, as the Italian economy is expected to slowly recover, together with consumers? confidence, which will lead them to be more open to spending outside of the home. Amongst the different channels in caf?s/bars different performances are expected, with chains set to show a more positive performance than independents. Juice/smoothie bars and specialist coffee shops are set to see the highest growth, thanks to their novelty within the Italian market.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Caf?s/Bars industry in Italy with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Caf?s/Bars industry in Italy, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Caf?s/Bars in Italy market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Caf?s/Bars in Italy?
- What are the major brands in Italy?
- What are the growth prospects for specialist coffee shops in Italy?
- How important are traditional caf?s or bars to the foodservice landscape in Italy?
- How are domestic specialist coffee shop chains fairing against multinational chains?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Consumer Foodservice in Austria
- Consumer Foodservice in Taiwan
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- In-Car Entertainment in Hungary
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Colorectal Cancer to 2019 - Favorable Pricing Policy in the US and Rising Prevalence in Europe and Japan Ensures Market Growth
- Handling and Lifting Equipment Market in Hungary to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Womenswear Markets in the Top 5 Asian Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Handling and Lifting Equipment Market in Philippines to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Handling and Lifting Equipment Market in Peru to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Handling and Lifting Equipment Market in Moldova to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts