New Food research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/23/2013 -- The calcium propionate market is a promising segment within the preservative segment. This report estimates the market size of the global market in terms of revenue and volume. Bakery, feed, dairy, meat and processed meat, and various other food products are the major end-uses of calcium propionate. Bakery dominates the market share in terms of value as well as volume. In terms of geography, the report is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. With a huge market potential in new product lines such as dairy products, convenience food and other lifestyle products such as sauces, condiments, salads, etc. and a growing preference for products with an extended shelf life, the market is likely to witness a substantial growth over the next few years.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Calcium Propionate Market Revenue, By Application, 2013 & 2018 ($Thousand)
Calcium Propionate Market
Source: MarketsandMarkets Analysis
The figure above shows the growth trend from 2013 to 2018. This global market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.0% from 2013 to 2018. Bakery dominates the global market in terms of end-uses accounting for nearly 70.3% of the total market share and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2013 to 2018. Feed accounted for the second largest share in the segment and is the fastest growing application with a CAGR of 7.7%. Dairy and Meat products are growing at a CAGR of 7.5% and 6.9% respectively.
Other food applications are expected to exhibit a promising growth in future and are growing at a CAGR of 6.4%. The bakery sector has dominated the demand for calcium propionate, globally. However, feedstock preservation has been the key driver for the market and will continue to be so. Consumer penchant for fresh foods and cost-effective solutions, are a few of the key factors that drive the segment's increasing demands for calcium propionate. Further, the application of modern food processing techniques drives the expansion of food production and new product development in diverse segments such as dairy, processed meat, ready-to-eat food products, sauces, salads etc., and this is likely to spur the growth of the market.
The demand comes from emerging markets such as Brazil, Russia, South Africa, China, India, and several other developing regions. These economies are expected to dominate the market over the coming years. The North American and European markets are approaching maturity in this industry, owing mainly to saturated end-use markets. However, the European market has given a minute boost by Eastern European countries. Manufacturers have focused on various R&D and innovation investments to launch new products. Calcium propionate has suited the requirements of manufacturers in the bid to develop a wider range of 'better-for-you' products.
1.1 Scope of the report
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sodium Reduction Market By Ingredients (Amino Acids, Mineral Salts, Yeast Extracts), Applications (Dairy & Frozen Foods, Bakery & Confectionary, Meat Products, Sauces, Seasonings & Snacks) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Food Emulsifiers Market - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Food Texture Market by Functionalities, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Feed Enzyme Market By Type (Phytase, Protease & NSP), Sub-Type (Xylanase, Cellulase, Pectinase, a-glucanase & Mannase), & Application (Swine, Poultry, Ruminant, Aqua Feed & Others)-Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Food Enzymes Market By Types (Carbohydrase, Protease, Lipase), Applications (Beverages, Dairy, Bakery), Sources (Microorganisms, Plants, Animals) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Food Safety Testing Market By Contaminants (Pathogen, GMO, Toxin, Pesticide, Others), Technology (Traditional & Rapid), Food Types (Meat & Poultry, Dairy, Fruit & Vegetable, Processed Food, Others) & Geography - Global Trends Forecast to 2018
- Processed Meat & Meat Processing Equipment Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Frozen Bakery Market by Types (Frozen Breads, Frozen Pizza Crust, Frozen Pastries, Frozen Cakes, Others), Distribution Channels (Artisan Bakers, Retail, Catering & Industrial, Others) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Acidulants Market: Global Trends and Forecasts up to 2018
- Gluten-Free Products Market By Type (Bakery & Confectionery, Snacks, Breakfast Cereals, Baking Mixes & Flour, Meat & Poultry Products), Sales Channel (Natural & Conventional) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018