Fast Market Research recommends "Cambodia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/24/2014 -- Despite a relatively strong performance in 2013, several risks continue to dampen the near-term growth potential of Cambodia's infrastructure sector - namely growing competition from Myanmar, limited upside to foreign investment, and the resolution of land disputes in the favour of local residents. That said, the recent reconciliation between the ruling Cambodia People's Party (CPP) and opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP) is a positive development. Nevertheless, we envisage only a moderate pick-up in activity for 2014, with the industry's real growth forecasted at 8.2%.
Key Trends And Developments:
- Following a lengthy political deadlock between the ruling Cambodian People's Party (CPP) and opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP) dating back to 2013's general elections, the two sides reached detente in July. With the CNRP returning to parliament following a landmark agreement, the short-term political risk outlook in Cambodia has improved considerably.
- The potential end of CPP's political dominance and the formation of a more evenly-balanced parliament are likely to set the stage for an increase in uncertainty and paralysis regarding industrial policy. The CPP could in the future need opposition support to make amendments to the constitution, and the CNRP could hold up certain parliamentary proceedings by walking out of the National Assembly. We are already seeing signs that the CPP is planning to raise wages for its entire labour force, which could hurt investment for low-end manufacturing facilities.
- In December 2013, the Cambodian government signed a USD11.2bn construction contract with Cambodia Iron and Steel Mining Industry Group (CISMIG) for the development of a port in Koh Kong province, a USD1.6bn steel plant in Preah Vihear province and a 405km railway linking both facilities. China Railway Group was selected to start building the railway line in 2013, but has yet to start work as of May 2014....
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Cambodia Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Cambodia Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Cambodian infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Cambodia to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Cambodian infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Cambodian infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Cambodia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant multinational and national company developments.
These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, renewable projects, pipelines and so on).
Analysis of latest projects across the infrastructure sector (covering the transport, utilities and commercial construction sub-sectors) - including:
Market Overview:Analysis of the key elements driving developments, including evaluations of current capacity and future requirements.
Building Materials Overview
The building materials overview provides industry trend analysis on the global and regional demands for building materials and the impact of this on the emerging and developed markets.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Infrastructure Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (construction companies, suppliers and partners) in the regional infrastructure market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data point.
Industry SWOT Analysis
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Singapore Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Malaysia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Canada Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Australia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Vietnam Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Poland Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Indonesia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Saudi Arabia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- South Korea Infrastructure Report Q4 2014