Fast Market Research recommends "Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar Telecommunications Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/07/2014 -- Myanmar took a major step forward this quarter as the market witnessed the launch of the first commercial mobile service from a private operator, introducing competition into the mobile sector. Ooredo o's launch was reportedly met with huge demand with the network struggling to cope with the traffic, having sold the entirety of its allocation of SIM cards within days . Telenor is expected to follow with its own launch in September and we have upgraded our forecasts for the mob ile market as a result of this, with Myanmar set to become the fastest growing market in the world. The influx of foreign capital into the telecoms sector highlights the growth potential we see for Myanmar's telecoms industry . By contrast, we expect investment remains low in Laos and Cambodia, with growth opportunities limited by the low ARPUs, pro minence of prepaid subscribers, fierce competition in overcrowded markets and the uncertain regulatory environment. This last point is a particular concern in Cambodia, where the government is discussing a law that would force mobile network operators to sell their infrastructure to a state-owned investment vehicle . We take a dim view of increased government influence over telecoms markets and, if this law is adopted, we believe some investors would look to withdraw from the market altogether. Operators have spent millions investing over the last 20 years, however, i t is unclear what financial compensation - if any - would be offered by the government in return for the appropriation of these assets , highlighting the major risk to the three markets in the region.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Release of data from the Telecommunications Regulator of Cambodia has led to some revisions in forecasts for Cambodia, while Laotian projections remain mostly unchanged. Consolidation between a number of mobile operator's saw large net losses over 2013 but bodes well for the market development over the long-term.
- BMI now forecasts...
The Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Cambodia, Laos's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Cambodia, Laos.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Cambodia, Laos to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Cambodian, Laotian telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Cambodia, Laos's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Cambodia, Laos.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View:
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis:
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings:
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario:
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Ireland Telecommunications Report Q4 2014