Fast Market Research recommends "Canada: Data Segment to Boom after LTE Spectrum Allocation" from Pyramid Research, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/06/2014 -- 'Canada: Data Segment to Boom after LTE Spectrum Allocation,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Canada's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Canadian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- Pyramid Research estimates the Canadian telecom industry will generate revenue of US$46.0bn in 2014. The largest contribution will come from the mobile voice segment. The top two operators, Bell and Rogers, which provide fixed, mobile, Internet and pay-TV services, will account for 52.1% of overall service revenue in 2014. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a 2.5% CAGR from 2014 to 2019.
- The fixed/mobile revenue split will be inclined toward mobile by 2019. Mobile revenue will increase as users substitute mobile voice services in place of traditional fixed voice. Additionally, increasing demand for mobile data services will drive mobile market revenue past fixed market revenue. LTE will be by far the dominant technology, accounting for 85.3% of mobile subscriptions by 2019.
- Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities in the LTE marketplace. The Canadian government auctioned off LTE spectrum in the 700MHz band in early 2014, with an additional 2500MHz auction planned for early 2015. Opportunities also exist in the fixed broadband segment with a predicted 1.8m additions over the forecast period, led by xDSL and FTTH/B network technologies.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
"Canada: Data Segment to Boom after LTE Spectrum Allocation" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Canada today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Canada's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Canada in a global context: a review of market size and trends compared with other countries worldwide.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Canada.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video between 2014 and 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Canada's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons to Get This Report:
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Canada's telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom and pay-TV markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Canada.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Canadian market to operators, vendors and investors.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Bell Canada, Bell Aliant, Rogers, Telus, Shaw, Videotron.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- LTE Business Models - Best Practices in Network Deployment, Positioning and Service Pricing
- Germany - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- New Zealand - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- United Kingdom - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Middle East - Mobile Voice and Mobile Operators Market
- Sweden - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Brazil - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Poland: LTE and Fiber Rollouts to Turn Telecom Market Around, MandA to Continue
- Czech Republic: LTE Deployments and MVNOs to Drive Revenue Growth
- Uruguay - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts