Fast Market Research recommends "Canada Defence & Security Report Q1 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/15/2013 -- BMI's Canada Defence & Security Report for Q113 examines Canada's strategic interests, defence posture and defence procurement plans.
In terms of the country's strategic interests, the report discusses Canada's relationships with the United States of America, Europe, the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation and the wider world. The country's defence posture is examined via a discussion of its doctrines and the orders of battle of its navy, army and air force. The report also presents the country's current, near- and medium-term defence procurement plans including ongoing programmes, scheduled acquisitions and long-term aspirations.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Essentially, the report seeks to ascertain the extent to which the country's strategic interests can be met with its existing and future defence capabilities.
The report makes several key findings: regarding Canada's defence posture, it posits that the country's military doctrine is adopting an expeditionary mindset towards the deployment of military force around the world. This is underscored by Canada's participation in several recent 'out of area' operations, plus defence agreements that it has concluded with a number of countries. Another key finding is the leading role that Canada plays in the global defence industry as an arms exporter. The country is also a leading arms importer, although much of its materiel is sourced from American suppliers. Other challenges facing Canada's defence community discussed by the report include the continuing budgetary pressures facing the country's armed forces.
Since our Q412 update, a number of additions have been made. These include:
- A full order of battle for the Canadian army, Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) and the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN).
- Updated information regarding ongoing procurement plans for all three Canadian armed services.
- Full details regarding defence equipment procurement activity during Q412 across the Canadian army, the RCAF and the RCN.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Australia Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Brazil Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Spain Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Bulgaria Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Turkey Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Croatia Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Indonesia Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- France Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Iraq Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)