Fast Market Research recommends "Canada Food & Drink Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/19/2015 -- The key theme for Canada's economy over the coming years will remain 'rebalancing', as private consumption and high oil prices can no longer be relied upon to provide robust economic growth. High household debt levels will require a period of prolonged deleveraging. Tighter regulation and macro-prudential measures introduced in 2012 to engineer a soft landing of the housing market are likely to restrict households from taking on more debt and weigh on spending growth over the coming years. We forecast average real private consumption growth of 2.2% between 2014 and 2018.
Headline Industry Forecasts (local currency)
- 2014 per capita food consumption growth = +1.14% year-on-year (y-o-y); forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2013 to 2018 = +1.37%;
- 2014 alcoholic drink sales growth = +3.65% y-o-y; forecast CAGR 2013 to 2018 = +4.27%;
- 2014 soft drink sales growth = +3.62% y-o-y; forecast CAGR 2013 to 2018 = +3.96%;
- 2014 mass grocery retail sales growth = +3.13% y-o-y; forecast CAGR 2013 to 2018 = +3.35%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Trends And Developments
Burger King Takes Over Tim Hortons : In late 2014 the Canadian government granted final approval to US-based fast-food company Burger King Worldwide for its acquisition of Canadian coffee shop Tim Hortons. The CAD12.64bn (USD11.10bn) takeover makes Burger King the third-largest fast-food restaurant group in the world. Tim Hortons will continue to be managed as a separate brand and at least half of its board members will be Canadians. Burger King has announced its intention to expand Tim Hortons with more frequent opening of new restaurants.
Watchdog Probes Restrictive Trade Practices at Loblaw : According to documents filed with the Federal Court in late 2014, the Canadian Competition Bureau is looking into allegations that Canadian retailer Loblaw has engaged in 'restrictive trade practices' that could substantially lessen competition in the sale of grocery products. Earlier in the year the...
The Canada Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Canada Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Canada.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Canada to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Canadian food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Canada through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- France Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Central America Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Hungary Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Ukraine Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q1 2015