Fast Market Research recommends "Canada Mining Report Q1 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/06/2013 -- Canada's mining sector will see continued, though slow, growth. Diversified mineral deposits and a steady pipeline of investment make Canada a continued destination for mining firms. Indeed, the country is a top 10 global producer of zinc, lead, iron ore, nickel, copper, gold, silver, uranium and potash. With many companies both headquartered and producing in Canada, the mining sector is crucial to the Canadian economy. Thus, we expect Canada's political leadership to maintain favourable tax and regulatory policies for the sector. Exogenous factors though, including weak developed world growth and slowing, less commodity-intensive growth in China, will weigh the industry.
Global demand growth for metals is likely to remain slow and a surplus of several base metals, including iron ore, zinc, and nickel, will persist over the coming quarters. However, decreasing ore quality at some major existing mines and rising costs among major mineral exporters should encourage new exploration across Canada's untapped resources. While Canada is less cost competitive on a per-unit-of-output basis compared to some developing-world exporters, its technological, infrastructure, and governance advantages makes it an attractive investment destination. We therefore forecast positive, though modest growth, of 2.5% on average per annum between 2014 and 2017.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Mining Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Global Mining Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Angola Mining Report Q1 2014
- United States Mining Report Q1 2014
- China Mining Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Metals Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Petrochemicals Report Q1 2014
- Chile Business Forecast Report Q1 2014
- Global Business Survey: MandA Trends and Key Markets for Growth in 2013-2014
- South Africa Business Forecast Report Q1 2014