Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/11/2014 -- Canned/preserved food continues to face pressurefrom frozen and chilled food and suffers from the reputation of being less healthy, as it is rich in sodium and preservatives. However, the most significant competitive advantage of canned vegetables is its attractive price. For example, canned peas and carrots cost around NIS7.00 per 550g compared to frozen packs at NIS19.00 per 800g. Another aspect is that canned vegetables is often used for chilled dishes while frozen vegetables are generally fried or baked and therefore appeal for different uses.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Neto M E Holdings is set to continue to lead the canned/preserved food category in Israel in 2013, with an anticipated 20% retail value share, which will remain unchanged from the previous year. Neto's leadership endured over the review period thanks to the success of its two leading canned fish brands, Williger and Poseidon. The second ranking brand,Williger,is mainly present in canned/preserved tuna and is in direct competition with leading brand Star-Kist and third-placed Willifood. Poseidon is the fourth-ranked brand, and in addition to tuna, offers a wider variety of canned/preserved fish/seafood, such as sardines and herrings.
Canned/preserved food is expected to witness a slowdown due to the category's saturation and intensifying competition among manufacturers and importers. Over the forecast period, retail volume sales are expected to grow by a CAGR of 2%, compared to a 4% CAGR over the review period. This slowdown will be associated with the category's maturity and lack of innovation, showing similar growth to that of the overall population.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Canned/Preserved Food industry in Israel with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Canned/Preserved Food industry in Israel, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Canned/Preserved Food in Israel market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Canned/Preserved Food in Israel?
- What are the major brands in Israel?
- As economic prospects improve, are consumers starting to move away from comparatively inexpensive canned food and back to frozen and chilled processed offerings?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Canned/Preserved Beans, Canned/Preserved Fish/Seafood, Canned/Preserved Fruit, Canned/Preserved Meat and Meat Products, Canned/Preserved Pasta, Canned/Preserved Ready Meals, Canned/Preserved Soup, Canned/Preserved Tomatoes, Canned/Preserved Vegetables, Other Canned/Preserved Food.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Food and Beverage Industry
- Canned Food: Global Industry Guide
- Frozen Food: Global Industry Guide
- Food Emulsifiers Market - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Frozen Food - BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide
- Fast Food in South Korea
- Specialty Food Ingredients Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Food Texture Market by Functionalities, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- The UK Foodservice Industry Survey 2013-2014 - Organic Trends and Menu Labelling
- Fast Food in France