New Beverages research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/26/2014 -- Carbonates continued to face an unfavourable environment in 2013. Beyond higher taxes and weak purchasing power, the category also suffered from concerns surrounding aspartame, which has been constantly in the media spotlight since 2011. Sales in the on-trade were spared from these threats, in part because to drink carbonates out-of-home remained occasional and was still seen as a good alternative to alcohol. In addition, with the health and wellness trend gaining force, consumers showed growing receptivity to other healthier soft drinks. This trend has strengthened since 2012 due to negative publicity surrounding the ?soda tax?, also known as the ?obesity tax?. Despite this, manufacturers continued to invest heavily in advertising and innovation. They launched new flavours but also new variants with natural sweeteners such as stevia.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Coca-Cola Entreprises SA remained the leading player in carbonates in 2013 with an off-trade value share of 71% and a volume share of 63% thanks to several well-recognised brands, such as Coca-Cola (the leader in standard regular cola), Coca-Cola Light, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta and Sprite. Orangina Schweppes France SAS, the owner of Schweppes and Orangina, was another important player, commanding shares of 11% in both off-trade value and volume terms. Both companies were also the main players in the on-trade.
Over the forecast period the category should witness an increase in the number of products with a reduced sugar content and featuring natural sweeteners. In order to counter the unhealthy image of carbonates, manufacturers are expected to invest in product innovation. In the meantime, due to a still fragile economic climate, carbonates manufacturers are likely to use promotions to sustain sales. There is also a strong possibility that they will invest in new packaging to target new consumers such as children and older adults.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Carbonates industry in France with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Carbonates industry in France, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Carbonates in France market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Carbonates in France?
- What are the major brands in France?
- Who are the key consumers of carbonates in France?
- How do premium vs. standard vs. economy brands compete for sales and market share?
- How does the sales performance of domestic manufacturers compare to international brands/manufacturers?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Cola Carbonates, Non-Cola Carbonates.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Carbonates in Denmark
- Carbonates in Mexico
- Carbonates in Norway
- Carbonates Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in MENA to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in Latin America to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates in Lithuania
- Carbonates in Germany