Rome, Italy -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/27/2017 -- Cardiia is an app that runs on a simple smartphone without the need for external sensors or devices. The only mobile app able to detect cardiac diseases, Cardiia is quick, easy, and affordable. Don't smoke, drink caffeinated drinks, or exercise for 30 minutes before taking the test.
- Begin by resting the mobile smartphone on the open hand with a fingertip covering the camera completely.
- Then, keep the mobile at heart level either by lying down the the hand on one side or by sitting straight with the back supported. Rest the hand on a comfortable object that is at the same height as the heart.
- Stay still and avoid body movements or talking.
- Next, keep the finger still to avoid camera refocus.
- Then, press lightly to keep the blood flow traveling to the finger. Pressing too hard will stop the blood flow.
- Keep the feet flat on the floor with legs uncrossed.
- Finally, sit still in this position for 60 seconds while the test is running. A countdown timer is located at the bottom of the screen.
Once the test is complete, the data is stored according to the date and time. A note can be manually typed at the bottom to customize each test.
Why Cardiia Was Developed
The first of its kind, Cardiia was developed to help people live longer. The team that developed Cardiia believes in the fact that prevention is the best available weapon in the battle against cardiac disease. Fabio Rebecchi, Cardiia's founder, experienced atrial fibrillation in his family one year ago. After that experience, he realized how cardiac diseases can go undetected.
In fact, many cardiovascular diseases can be successfully cured, but it is crucial that patients are diagnosed at the earliest stage, when symptoms can still be rare.
The Kickstarter campaign, located on the web at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/79579425/cardiia-smart-digital-health-for-heart-disease-pre, offers pledge levels from €2 to €5,000 including everything from a free premium version of the Cardiia app to a medical doctor base pack. Visit the Kickstarter page for full details.
Cardiia is an app for a smartphone that allows users to monitor their heart's health while detecting atrial fibrillation and other cardiac diseases.
Contact Person: Fabio Rebecchi
Company: Cardiia Inc