Fast Market Research recommends "Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/26/2015 -- 2015 seems poised to be a big year for the Caribbean, with a number of major developments that could transform the telecom industries in a number of markets. The CWC acquisition of Columbus International will have a far-reaching regional impact in the broadband internet and pay-TV markets, which remain underdeveloped and ripe for growth. New players are expected in the Bahamas and Trinidad & Tobago, and new regulators in Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Barbados and Haiti could lead to huge improvements in the business environment. Agreements between the US and Cuba have shocked the world. Cuba represents the most attractive market in the Caribbean in terms of total size and growth opportunities, however, we don't expect to see this play out. Nonetheless, there will be massive interest from lots of international players. We expect interest in the region really take off in 2015, with plenty of opportunities for interested players.
- Cayman Islands has the highest mobile penetration at over 160%, while Cuba's penetration rate remained below 20%.
- In Cuba, internet users reached 2.92mn users in 2013, representing around 26.1% of the population, according to the Oficina Nacional de Estad?sticas (ONE).
- The Telecommunications Unit of Barbados released figures for the 2013 year, in the mobile sector, there have been instances of net declines in the market, particularly in 2013, with losses of over 40,000 subscriptions. At the end of 2013, there were 307,708 mobile subscribers, a penetration of 108%.
- CWC reported group revenues of USD1.873bn in the company's financial 2013/14 year ending March 2014. This was a contraction of 4% compared to USD1.942bn in FY12/13. The company's Fixed voice and Enterprise, data and other segments were the key drivers of this decline, falling by 10% and 14% respectively, year-on-year (y-o-y). Within the Caribbean unit, revenues decreased by 7%, from USD1.120bn to USD1.045bn at the end of 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Register for full summary
The Caribbean Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba, Haiti, Martinique, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Caribbean Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba, Haiti, Martinique, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba, Haiti, Martinique, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Barbadian, Bahamian, Jamaican, Trinidadian, Cuban, Haitian, Martiniquais, Dominican, Puerto Rican, Guadeloupe telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba, Haiti, Martinique, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba, Haiti, Martinique, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Norway Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Romania Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Telecommunications Report Q1 2015