Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/25/2014 -- Despite the relative small size of the individual Caribbean markets, they are drawing a lot of interest from third parties, with a number of opportunities arising in the Bahamas and Trinidad & Tobago for additional players. As with the sale of Orange Dominicana in November 2013, these markets are attracting interest from a number of players, despite the existence of incumbent operators and highly penetrated mobile markets. This is likely because growth in mobile broadband is continuing at double digit levels, with small geographic islands ideal for deploying network infrastructure with access to submarine cables. Digicel 's Cayman Islands operations completed its rollout of 4G LTE this quarter and we expect to see strong uptake in the service due the country's higher spending power. Even Cuba, where mobile penetration and mobile internet services are limited is seeing excessive demand for its basic mobile email service launched earlier in 2014. ETECSA is having to expand its network in order to deal with the increased demand, with more mobile internet services expected throughout the year. This will be the main driver of operator revenues in the region over our five-year forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The Dominican Republic mobile market lost 66,000 subscriptions in Q413, a decline of 0.7% q-o-q. The market has shown signs of fluctuations over the last two years, although postpaid accounts continue to steadily grow.
- LIME in Jamaica added 140,000 subscriptions in the 100 days since the launch of its Talk EZ value tariff, a new record for the company.
- Cayman Islands has the highest mobile penetration at over 160%, while Cuba's penetration rate remained below 20%.
- The Telecommunications Unit of Barbados released figures for the 2013 year, in the mobile sector, there have been instances of net declines in the market, particularly in 2013, with losses of over 40,000 subscriptions. At the end of 2013, there were 307,708 mobile...
The Caribbean Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba, Haiti, Martinique, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Caribbean Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba, Haiti, Martinique, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba, Haiti, Martinique, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Barbadian, Bahamian, Jamaican, Trinidadian, Cuban, Haitian, Martiniquais, Dominican, Puerto Rican, Guadeloupe telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba, Haiti, Martinique, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba, Haiti, Martinique, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Ratings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- China Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Croatia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- South Korea Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Canada Telecommunications Report Q3 2014