Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Central America Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/07/2014 -- Costa Rica and Panama will continue to outperfor m other Central American countries, namely El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Belize . The business-friendly environment, high per-capita medicine spending and strong consumer demand still present strong revenue-generating opportunities for multimodal pharmaceutical companies.
Headline Expenditure Projections:
- Pharmaceuticals: USD3.5bn in 2013 to USD3.7bn in 2014; +4.1%. Our forecast has been revised slightly down since Q314 due to less promising industry data.
- Healthcare: USD16.0bn in 2013 to USD16.8bn in 2014; +4.8 %. Our forecast has been revised downwards since Q314 due to revised historical data.
Risk/Reward Ratings: Based on our analysis and assessment of the market's appeal to pharmaceutical companies in our Q414 Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs), the Americas scores 50.8 out of 100, below Western Europe (68), Asia Pacific (53), and Central and Eastern Europe (51), but above the Middle East and Africa (43). Of the seven Central American countries surveyed, at 44.0 Panama's RRR score ranks first, followed by Costa Rica (42.0), Guatemala (38.8), Honduras (36.5), Belize (36.5), El Salvador (35.0) and Nicaragua (32.3).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments:
- In June 2014, Aspen Pharmacare Holding established operations in Guachipel?n de Escaz? corporate centre, Costa Rica. The company views Latin America as one of its key strategic regions with significant growth potential, and intends to continue to establish a greater presence in other Latin American countries.
- In May 2014, the Russian health ministry entered a tripartite agreement through the St Petersburg Research Institute of Vaccines and Sera with the Nicaraguan Social Security Institute and Russian drugmaker Microgen. Under the agreement, a manufacturing plant for producing vaccines and immunobiological products will be opened in Nicaragua.
- In May 2014, the Costa Rican government has proposed a new law to allow...
The Central America Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Central America Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Panamanian, Guatemalan, Nicaraguan, Salvadoran, Costa Rican, Belizean, Honduran pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Panama, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Belize, Honduras to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Panamanian, Guatemalan, Nicaraguan, Salvadoran, Costa Rican, Belizean, Honduran pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Panamanian, Guatemalan, Nicaraguan, Salvadoran, Costa Rican, Belizean, Honduran pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Panama, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Belize, Honduras.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT:
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Poland Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Algeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Japan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Canada Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Turkey Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014