Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/07/2014 -- Ceramic Coatings Market by Technology (Thermal Spray, PVD, CVD, Others), by Type (Oxide, Carbide, Nitride - Coatings) and by Application (Transportation & Automotive, Energy, Aerospace & Defense, Healthcare) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
Ceramic coatings are generally applied on metal or metallic alloy components or on ceramic components. These can be further classified into oxide coatings, carbide coatings, nitride coatings, and others. Ceramic coatings are generally used for wear, high temperature and corrosion resistant applications. All ceramic coatings deliver some level of performance in each of these three major areas.
The report analyzes the global ceramic coating market trends and forecasts till 2019. The market size estimations have been provided in terms of market value ($Million). The report also identifies prominent players and provides analysis for each player in terms of company overview, financials, products and services offered, recent developments, and company strategy.
The global ceramic coatings market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.50% from 2014 to 2019 to reach a value of $9.41 billion. The nitride coating in the type segment is growing at a CAGR of 8.66% and is witnessing the fastest growth in the overall ceramic coatings market. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increase in ceramic coating of automotive components.
The fastest growth in terms of value in the ceramic coatings market is expected to come from ceramic coatings used in healthcare which will continue to expand in the coming years. In the recent past, expansions have dominated the strategies adopted by ceramic coatings players globally. The major market players have invested large amounts in the emerging countries for entering and enhancing their market position through capacity expansion and new plant establishments.
All these factors, along with the increasing demand for plasma-sprayed ceramic coating in semiconductor and LCD equipment will continue to drive the demand for ceramic coatings. However, the ceramic coating industry will have to overcome challenges, such as the availability and price volatility of raw materials and changing health regulations, in order to meet the increasing demand.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Semiconductor & IC Packaging Materials Market - Regional Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Green Coatings Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Electronic Chemicals & Materials Market - Regional Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Biodegradable Packaging Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Super Absorbent Polymers Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Automotive Paints Market by Coat Type (Electrocoat, Primer, Basecoat & Clearcoat), by Technology (Solvent-Borne, Waterborne & Powder Coating), Texture Type (Metallic & Solid), Vehicle Type & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Glass Fiber & Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastic (GFRP) Composites Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Caprolactam Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Food Colors Market - Global Trends & Forecast To 2019
- Flow Meters Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019