Fast Market Research recommends "Ceramics - Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020" from Wintergreen Research, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/02/2014 -- The vendors in the ceramics industry have to invest in high-quality production processes, logistics systems that guarantee fast delivery, and the development of innovative products in order to keep market share.
Worldwide ceramics markets are increasingly diversified, poised to represent significant size as every segment continues to grow. Ceramics covers a broad range of sectors within the building industry. Ceramics sub-sectors are being impacted by the need for the availability of raw materials and the high costs of energy. As solar energy becomes available, competitive, and affordable by 2016, this is set to create vast market shifts in the ceramics markets.
The cost structures of energy-intensive ceramics producers are impacted by increasing fuel prices. The ceramics manufacturing process needs efficient energy. High energy costs for manufacturing is changing markets, hindering the competitiveness of ceramics producers without access to cheap fuels. The price of energy has risen. Ceramics sectors substantially mirror the change in the price of crude oil. Energy costs account for a measurable share of operating costs.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Ceramic segments include roof tiles, floor tiles, bricks, sanitary pottery, ceramic insulation, glass, cement, and refactory clay bricks. There are many different types of ceramic tiles including refractory tiles, technical tiles, ornamental tiles, roofing tiles, and tiles made into stands.
The ceramics sector is faced with a number of competitiveness challenges, many of which have been fuelled by globalization. Increased environmental regulation continues to be an issue. The increase in the number of comparative low-cost ceramics products being imported from emerging economies is a sign that in some sectors, particularly in the ceramic tableware sub-sector, the local competitive advantage on the basis of cost is diminishing.
Major global players are emerging in many ceramics subsectors, especially in wall and floor tile manufacturing.
A key competitiveness factor for the ceramics sector is increased environmental regulation and control. The relatively high energy-intensity of ceramics production, brought about by the need to heat kilns up to 2000degC, makes the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions challenging.
Reasons to Get this Study:
- Sheer size of total industry, Markets Reach $502.8 Billion By 2020
- Markets tied to building industry
- Interesting ceramics technology in new materials, nanotechnology ceramics provide very high growth market segments
- Nanotechnology improves considerably the ceramics' surface for a soil-resisting effect
- Ceramics is best building material, glass increasingly used in commercial buildings
- Tile for floor and walls provides artistic effect in buildings
- High cost of energy an issue
- Logistics an issue
- Labor costs resistant to automation
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Market Leaders:, , ABK Group, Anchor Glass, Asahi Glass, Battelle, 3M / Ceradyne, China Glass, Concorde Group, Corning, Guangfeng Solar Glass (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd., FLABEG Holding GmbH Guardian Industries, Kronos Worldwide, Libbey, Lixil / American Standard, Mohawk Industries, Nippon Sheet Glass Co Ltd, Owens-Illinois, PPG, Roca, SCHOTT, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, Saint-Gobain, Cemex, , Other Players:, , CARBO Ceramics, Casalgrande Padana, Ceramiche Caesar, Ceramiche Sant'agostino, Ceradyne, Coem, Atlas Concorde and Caesar, Coop. Ceramica imola group, Dong Xu Ltd, Dora Tiles, Emilceramica Group, Emser, Faetano-Del Conca Group, Fatih Ozceleb Group, Ferro, Fiandre Group - Iris, Fincibec Group, Finfloor Group, FLABEG Technical Glass / Naugatuck Glass, Fuyao Glass Industry Group Parent Company, Fu Yao Solar Glass, Gardenia-Orchidea Group, Gold Art Ceramica Group, Glass for Europe, Grespania, Guangdong Golden Glass Technologies Ltd, Guangfeng Solarglass (Hong Kong), Huntsman, IKEA, HUPC Chemical, Imerys, Imola, Industrial Nanotech Inc, Industrie Ceramiche Piemme, Minsen Sanitaryware, NSG Group, Pamesa, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Panariagroup, Photonics / Hoya Candeo Optronics, Ricchetti Group, Ricchetti Group / Cerdisa, Serenissima cir ind. Ceramiche group, Shandong Glass Group Jinjing Group Co Ltd, ?i?ecam, Suzhou Juxing Glass Industrial, WWRD United Kingdom Ltd
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Robots - Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020
- G-fast Chips: Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020
- Digital Loop Subscriber (DSL) and G.fast Chips, Market Shares, Market Strategies, and Market Forecasts, 2014 to 2020
- Industrial Logistics Robots: Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020
- Alcohol Breathalyzer And Drug Testing Equipment: Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020
- Optical Transceivers: Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020
- Cleaning Robots: Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020
- Language Translation Software: Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020
- Business Document Work Process Management (BPO): Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020
- Shoulder Fired Anti-Tank, Anti-Aircraft Short Range Missiles and RPG Market - Global Forecasts and Analysis to 2014 - 2020