Fast Market Research recommends "Chile Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/05/2014 -- Improving standards of intellectual property protection will provide incentives for both local and foreign pharmaceutical companies to have long-term strategies in Chile. In addition, Chile's open economy, relatively efficient legal framework, business-friendly environment and local drugmakers' strong Latin American presence will continue to attract multinational investment in the country.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: CLP1,724bn (USD3.5bn) in 2013 to CLP1,849bn (USD3.29bn) in 2014; +7.3% in local currency terms and -5.4% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: CLP10,237bn (USD20.66bn) in 2013 to CLP11,161bn (USD19.86bn) in 2014; +9.0% in local currency terms and -3.9% in US dollar terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Chile's RRR score for Q414 is 56.3 out of 100, with the company ranked sixth out of the 18 markets in the Americas matrix. This figure is unchanged from Q314.
Key Trends And Developments
- In July 2014, Chilean authorities put a policy in place, which alters decree 466/84 and applies to pharmacies, drug stores, pharmaceutical stores, kits and authorised areas. It requests the reduction of excessive drug use and a move to a more transparent pharmaceutical market.
- In May 2014, Abbott Laboratorie acquired CFR Pharmaceuticals. Abbott expects the acquisition to add approximately USD900mn to its sales in the first full year (2015), with expected double-digit sales growth over the next several years.
- In May 2014, Mexico-based Grupo Casa Saba (GCS) agreed to sell its pharmaceutical retail business to Alliance Boots. The transaction requires Alliance Boots to launch an all-cash tender offer for the outstanding fully diluted share capital of Farmacias Ahumada (FASA), which is listed on Chile's Santiago Stock Exchange. Currently, Casa Saba holds 97.89% of FASA's shares. The transaction was expected to be completed in Q314..
BMI Economic View: Deteriorating investor sentiment and an ongoing slowdown in private...
The Chile Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Chile Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Chilean pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Chile to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Chilean pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Chilean pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Chile.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Greece Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- China Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014