Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/09/2014 -- BMI View: Consumer electronics spending in China is forecast to continue strong growth as vendors make inroads into low device penetration in key categories such as smartphones and PCs to achieve strong volume growth. An additional boost is the package of economic and social reforms announced by the government in late 2013, which should boost consumption , which had been effected to some extent by the cessation of government subsidies in 2013 . We expect the market value will grow by 12.9 % in 2014 and we expect growth momentum will be maintained over the medium term with a CAGR of 8.3% 2014-2018 . As incomes rise in China , consumers will spend an increasing proportion on consumer electronics devices, a trend which will be amplified by declining prices for tablets, TVs and smartphones .
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer hardware sales: USD86.7bn in 2013 to USD95.5bn in 2014, +10.2% in US dollar terms. As consumption shifts to lower priced tablets unit growth will be sustained, but value increases will fail to keep pace.
- AV sales: USD82.7bn in 2013 to USD92.0bn in 2014, +11.3% in US dollar terms. Flat-panel TV set sales are expected to continue strong growth, however an area of significant potential growth is the games console market following the removal of the 13 year ban on the sale of such devices in China.
- Handset sales: USD49.1bn in 2013 to USD59.2bn in 2014, +20.5% in US dollar terms. Declining prices for smartphones, particularly from local vendors, are driving up the share of smartphones in the sales mix and supporting strong growth in market value.
Key Trends & Developments
The Chinese smartphone market expanded rapidly in 2013, with total sales estimated at 199mn, an increase of 29% from 2012. Local vendors including Lenovo, Coolpad, Xiaomi, ZTE and Huawei have been the main drivers of this expansion through low-cost strategies. They undercut global leaders, with some flagship smartphones from Chinese...
The China Consumer Electronics Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering both the manufacture and sale of consumer electronics products, critically analysing - and forecasting - the market dynamics affecting each sub-sector, including audio-visual, computers, mobile handsets, gaming and automotives electronics. Furthermore, the report analyses the domestic and global economic trends driving device demand and provides company rankings and competitive landscapes covering leading multinational and national consumer electronics companies and analysis of latest industry news and trends in China.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s China Consumer Electronics Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the consumer electronics industry in China.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Serbia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Israel Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- South Africa Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Mexico Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Bahrain Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Peru Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Chile Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Bulgaria Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Philippines Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Hungary Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014