New Materials research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/09/2013 -- The changes and reforms enacted in 2012 will continue over the course of 2013 with smaller and less efficient mines being closed, while mid-sized miners will be merged and production consolidated into giant vertically integrated state-owned outfits. Overall, we forecast China's mining industry value to increase from approximately US$340bn in 2012 to US$432bn by 2017, marking a healthy growth rate of 4.9% per annum.
As 2013 ushers in the third year of China's 12th Five-Year Plan (2011-2015), we expect the changes and reforms enacted in 2012 to continue. In a bid to curb overcapacity and reduce environmental pollution, the government plans to close smaller and less efficient mines, while mid-sized miners will be merged and production consolidated into giant vertically integrated state-owned outfits. Overall, we forecast China's mining industry value to increase from approximately US$340bn in 2012 to US$432bn by 2017, marking a healthy growth rate of 4.9% per annum.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The small production losses that will inevitably occur with the closure of smaller mines will give way to production gains down the road due to the efficiency gains of bigger, more integrated mining companies.
This comes as industry-wide energy efficiency and consolidation measures continue in 2013 as part of China's Five-Year Plan, improving efficiency and boosting productivity across the industry.
We expect increasing tax burdens on the Chinese mining industry as part of the plan. China's twice-delayed resource tax was implemented nationwide on November 1 2011. In February 2012, additional taxes were imposed on the mining of tin, iron ore and other minor metals. Significant progress has been made in the crackdown on illegal mining, with the government pledging to do more to improve safety. There is an increasing emphasis on the negative environmental impact of mining activities, with the imposition of an environmental tax on certain industries and the introduction of a 'green standard' for the rare earths sector to curb emissions. Cases of smelters, lead plants, or mines that are not up to environmental standards being closed are commonplace.
The government suspended new prospecting and mining licences for the coking coal and rare earths sectors in a bid to prevent over-exploitation. Additionally, the Institute of Geological Environmental Monitoring plans to build 10 state-level geological environment monitoring demonstration zones in the north-east, north-west, north and Yangtze River regions by the end of the 12th Five-Year Plan.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Mining Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Global Mining Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Mining Quarterly Deal Analysis - Q4 2012: M&A and Investment Trends
- Sustainability in the Global Mining Industry 2012-2013 - Market Trends and Opportunities, Profitability and Budget Forecast, Mining Industry Procurement and Marketing Initiatives
- Osisko Mining Corp. (OSK) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Brazil Mining Report Q3 2013
- EMED Mining Public Limited (EMED) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Capstone Mining Corp. (CS) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Chile Mining Report Q3 2013
- Toledo Mining Corporation plc (TMC) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile