New Materials research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/25/2013 -- The chromatography resin market is expected to grow at a decent pace during the coming decade driven by its increasing application in monoclonal antibody production and food analytics. Chromatography resins are primarily of two types; natural and synthetic. Inorganic media is also used in different chromatography processes. Chromatography resins are used in ion-exchange, affinity, size exclusion, hydrophobic interaction and mixed-mode techniques. Protein A resins captures the highest share of the market in terms of sales.
Process scale monoclonal antibody purification is the largest application area for chromatography resin. With rising critical diseases across the world, monoclonal antibody therapeutics is quickly gaining importance. As a result the chromatography resin market is expected to have a positive performance during the next decade. Food analytics is another area where these resins are used increasingly. In research and development arena, chromatography resins find widest application in drug discovery.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Geographically, North America is the major market for chromatography resin with around 40.8% of the market share in 2012. However, Asia-Pacific market is experiencing maximum growth in terms of consumption. This is primarily due to huge demand of pharmaceutical products from the large population of China and India. Moreover, emergence of a number of CMOs and CROs in Asia-Pacific is driving the growth of chromatography resin consumption in this geography.
Global Packaging Film: Market Consumption, by Geography, 2012
Chromatography Resins Market
Source: MarketsandMarkets Analysis
In terms of techniques, Ion exchange chromatography represents highest consumption. However, affinity chromatography resins represents major portion of the revenue. This is primarily due to the higher selling price for the affinity resins.
Scope of the Report
The global chromatography resin market is profoundly analyzed in terms of revenue ($million) and volume (‘000 MT) by the aforementioned classifications.
Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology
Water and Environmental Analysis
Academics and research
Analytical and Diagnostics
Rest of the World
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Packaging Film Market By Application (Food, Medical & Pharmaceutical, Consumer Product, Industrial & Others) & Type (LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, CPP, BOPP, Polyester, PVC, Polyamide, EVOH, Cellulose, PLA, PVDC, PVOH & Others) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Phosphorus & Derivatives Market By Type (Ammonium and Industrial Phosphate, Phosphoric Acid, Phosphorus Chloride and Pentasulfide), and Application (Fertilizer, Detergent, Food, Water Treatment, Flame Retardant) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Drilling Fluids (Drilling Mud) Market & Completion Fluids Market: by Types (Water-Based Systems, Oil-Based Systems, Synthetic-Based Systems, Other Based Systems), Application Areas (Onshore and Offshore) & Geography - Forecast to 2018
- Chromatography Reagents Market By Type [Alkylation, Acylation, Solvent, Buffer], Bed Shape [Column, Thin layer], Mobile Phase [HPLC, UHPLC, HILIC, Flash, SFC], Separation Mechanism [Adsorption, Partition, Affinity] & End User - Global Forecasts to 2018
- Geosynthetics Market By Types & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Coating Additives Market by Function (Rheology Modifiers, Dispersing, Wetting Agent, Impact Modifier, Anti-Foaming), Application (Automotive, Architecture, Industrial), Formulation (Water, Solvent, Powder Based), & Types - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Global Market to 2017 - Growth in Developing Markets to Come From Cost Efficient Manufacturing and Rising Domestic Demand
- Syngas Market & Derivatives (Methanol, Ammonia, Hydrogen, Oxo Chemicals, N-Butanol, DME) Market, by End Use Application, Feedstock, Technology, and Gasifier Type - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Surfactants Market By Product Types [Anionic, Non-Ionic, Cationic, Amphoteric], Substrates [Synthetic/Petrochemical, Bio-Based/ Natural/Green], Geography & Applications - Global Industry Trends And Forecasts To 2017
- Polymer Foam Market By Types, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)